Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 14, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
char-lottie
Getting Excited

I'm jumping in to agree that it's madness to state that adults should be restricted from meeting characters so that kids can!

We are all there to enjoy ourselves and it's up to us as individuals how we spend our time in the parks, queueing for rides, queuing for character meets, etc etc it's all part and parcel of the trip. I love meeting the characters (mainly the furry ones in suits as feel a bit daft when I can see their faces and expressions!) my husband isn't so keen, if the queue is too long I just have to miss out as he won't wait... I still haven't got over missing out on meeting the penguins of Madagascar at Universal
Old 17 May 14, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Now come on adults! No need to get your knickers in a twist! I wonder if the adults insisting on meeting frozen princess have any children? Probably not or you would know just how much it means to a child (or adult with a disability) to meet their dream princess, this is not just fun or a laugh but it's a dream come true, real magic, memories they will never forget!
For me I would be more than happy to give up my place to allow a child or adult with a disability the chance to have their dreams come true.

Disney is all about the magic and everyone as a 'right' to meet and greet but at the moment the frozen princess are like rocking horse poop and some little childrens dreams are crushed because some adults 'have a right' to meet and greet!
When you have children of your own or have a loved one who as a mental disability you WILL appreciate my original comment ! 'Until things calm down or they get more chances to meet and greet frozen' princess then I do think adults should step aside, that way you are creating some extra magic for a child who might only ever visit disney once!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Totally do not agree with children only! What about adults with disabilities that are children?

These posts seem to me as sour grapes.
Just want to add that people with disabilities go without saying! My relation is physically and mentally disabled so please don't label me as trying to not include them! shameful
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
What about adults that actually really want to meet them? I'm pretty sure the childless adults stood in line aren't there simply because they 'have the right'...

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Now come on adults! No need to get your knickers in a twist! I wonder if the adults insisting on meeting frozen princess have any children? Probably not or you would know just how much it means to a child (or adult with a disability) to meet their dream princess, this is not just fun or a laugh but it's a dream come true, real magic, memories they will never forget!
For me I would be more than happy to give up my place to allow a child or adult with a disability the chance to have their dreams come true.

Disney is all about the magic and everyone as a 'right' to meet and greet but at the moment the frozen princess are like rocking horse poop and some little childrens dreams are crushed because some adults 'have a right' to meet and greet!
When you have children of your own or have a loved one who as a mental disability you WILL appreciate my original comment ! 'Until things calm down or they get more chances to meet and greet frozen' princess then I do think adults should step aside, that way you are creating some extra magic for a child who might only ever visit disney once!
Completely agree with you. Well explained.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
My DD will be 16 when we go next year, she's desperate to meet them hope there no age limit, at what age would the cut off be if only children are able to meet them ? That wouldn't be fair if it wasn't allowed she has every right to meet them as have everybody who has a ticket, not something I think disney would be happy with. ( that is if they are still as popular next year )

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MEZZA View Post
My DD will be 16 when we go next year, she's desperate to meet them hope there no age limit, at what age would the cut off be if only children are able to meet them ? That wouldn't be fair if it wasn't allowed she has every right to meet them as have everybody who has a ticket, not something I think disney would be happy with. ( that is if they are still as popular next year )
Our 15 year old daughter is the same and we've got fastpasses for it. I can't see the fuss tbh but want to share the experience with her.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mykl_61
Excited about Disney

we have had a photo taken with Mickey as our Grandson loves it and was totally mesmerised to see Nanny and Grandad next to him. This year we are seeing Minnie so our Grandaughter can see us with her. If there was a massive queue then I would let a child take my place as it must be more important to them as they see them as real and the look on their face is just magic ( we have taken our three children over the years) and in 3 years will be taking our Grandson. I know everyone has a right to meet them but come on grownups would it be the end of the world for you to miss out .
mykl_61 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

As parent of a 10yo boy with no interest in Frozen, I'm hoping this continues to take traffic away from the other attractions in the park.
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Spooks Dad View Post
As parent of a 10yo boy with no interest in Frozen, I'm hoping this continues to take traffic away from the other attractions in the park.
My thoughts exactly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread