Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Sep 14, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
It does seem a lot but thankfully I've never had to pay it. x
Old 2 Sep 14, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I think it's a lot
We stay on site so don't have to pay it. But on the few occasions we have I have resented it. I appreciate that if it wasn't charged separately it would increase the ticket prices for me (and I don't pay) but I think it would be less painful.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

It's £10 for a day. The multi storey in Oxford is £2.50 an hour.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Breaking News: Disney & Universal are businesses.

It's a lot of land they own that could otherwise be used for shops etc.

In short, they need to make dormant land pay.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Could it be argued that the charge is to discourage car use?

It does seem a lot, but my local town charges £1.80 an hour and this is no city centre. A couple of hours in the lakes can run to £5 so on the face of things £10 for a whole day isn't so bad.

A season ticket would be a good idea, but at what cost? I suppose you could get an annual pass for free parking. It would pay for itself in just 40 visits!
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Yes the multi story in oxford may be £2.50 a day but you most certainly dont pay a£50.00 a day to walk around !
My point is there are so many families that work and save up so hard and pay for tickets and dont realise you need to pay such a large amount to parka a car for the day.
Well I still think its shocking! and yes we can afford to pay the parking but Im sure some are horrified!
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
alanm
Serious Dibber

Do the math, calculate what your parking charges were as a pecentage of your overall holiday cost, 2%, 3% maybe, hardly worth getting wound up about, just factor it into your budget, it's very little in the overall scheme of things when you take everything else you have spent on your trip into account
alanm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Glen
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs sun View Post
Yes the multi story in oxford may be £2.50 a day but you most certainly dont pay a£50.00 a day to walk around !
My point is there are so many families that work and save up so hard and pay for tickets and dont realise you need to pay such a large amount to parka a car for the day.
Well I still think its shocking! and yes we can afford to pay the parking but Im sure some are horrified!
I totally agree with you. I am on the tightest budget and the $170 I spend over my 10 day pass could really be used on something better. I agree a 2 week or 10 day discounted pass would be the best idea.

Glen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes, it may seem expensive, but when you think about what you actually get for your money. First of all it's shared between everyone in the car, so say $4 or so per person. At home that would cover the cost of going into town on the train, for example, or the cost of a shoppers car park.

Also when you trun up at a (paying) Disney Car park, you drive straight into a space with no waiting, or driving round in circles looking for a space. I'd rather have that convenience than the nightmare that is Downtown Disney Car park, where there is no charge. You waste half your evening there, looking for a space.
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Off topic - at least in Oxford you can pay for one hour. Here in Harrow you have to have a minimum of two hours whether you need it or not.

Back on topic - it's part of the overall holiday expense and it has to be budgeted in. The only way to avoid it is but an Annual Pass, become a DVC member or just stay on site. Disney won't be altering it any time soon. And just to add - the Ultimate tickets designed for the UK market are actually cheaper than Americans pay if they were to have all the add ons.

Edited at 10:14 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread