Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jun 15, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The training cast members need is one holds down the offender and anothe cast member inserts the offending stick where the sun doesn't shine.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Cant see this happening. Don't understand why they would be banned.
Old 23 Jun 15, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Because the parks are very busy and they get in other peoples way or cause rides to get shut down/stopped (happened on Everest before) and Disney doesn't want to get sued when some-one gets hurt.

Probably totally fine when there is nobody around in the middle of the desert but MK on the 4th July?

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Rumours are going the rounds on other Disney boards that a total ban on selfie sticks at WDW (I suspect in just the parks) will be implemented from the 26th June. CM's
are already supposed to be getting the training.

A good move by Disney if the case. and if not, why not!
Where are they getting the info from? I will believe it when I see it however I can still use my go pro with out the selfie stick lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Because the parks are very busy and they get in other peoples way or cause rides to get shut down/stopped (happened on Everest before) and Disney doesn't want to get sued when some-one gets hurt.

Probably totally fine when there is nobody around in the middle of the desert but MK on the 4th July?
ban them on rides which they of course have done.

What about buggies / big rucksacks / obnoxious people, when its busy.

dont see why selfie sticks are any worse than above. it's the user... not the stick that is the problem.

cannot see it happening.
Old 23 Jun 15, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

Having had more than one person put their selfie stick in front of us to film the fireworks at Christmas I would happily support a ban on them. Walking down main street when it is busy is just hazardous!
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Because I don't want a glowing phone screen waving about and spoiling my view when I'm watching parades or fireworks. And don't even get me going on blinking ipads! Nor do I want to be hit in the face by a loose, flying one being used by an idiot on rides. You did ask!

I'll repeat this again - at Tokyo Disneyland no camera / video device is allowed above eye height and no children are allowed on shoulders. BOTH are rigourously enforced. Then again people sit down on mats to watch parades and only the very back row is allowed to stand.

Edited at 08:50 PM.
Old 23 Jun 15, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Because I don't want a glowing phone screen waving about and spoiling my view when I'm watching parades or fireworks. And don't even get me going on blinking ipads!Nor do I want to be hit in the face by aflying one being used by an idiot on rides. You did ask!

I'll repeat this again - at Tokyo Disneyland no camera / video device is allowed above eye height and no children are allowed on shoulders. BOTH are rigourously enforced. Then again people sit down on mats to watch parades and only the very back row is allowed to stand.
Would you not get this if / when people are holding up their phones... again.. it is the people not the selfie stick.
Old 23 Jun 15, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

Would you not get this if / when people are holding up their phones... again.. it is the people not the selfie stick.
You can't remove the people but you can remove the stick which removes the problem.

People tend to hold their phones up in front of themselves (still irritating but less intrusive). The sticks are longer and we found people waving them wherever they felt they were going to get the best view for their filming (just watch and enjoy the show and then check it out on YouTube if you want to see it again!). There is often no thought for who they are sticking them in front of.
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

If the Tokyo rule was enforced they couldn't hold them higher than their face.
Closed Thread