Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jun 15, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Just bought a selfie stick so that we can get pictures of all of us together instead of always having someone missing from pics or having to ask someone else, I know people don't usually mind but sometimes you just want spontaneous pics not having to look for someone else to take them continuously. If we are standing posed for a pic we are potentially in peoples way whether I have a 4" stick or someone stood 4" in front of us taking pic, I wouldn't use it for parades etc or where there are lots of people so why shouldn't I be allowed, just have rules ie not at parades or on rides cos I get the impression that these are the main issues.
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 15, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by panicdiva View Post
Seriously? What next? Banning brazilian students from being in huge crowds walking around the parks? Banning small children for crying or screaming? Banning people stopping to take pictures of their families with their phone or camera? Banning people stopping in front of you when walking to look at their park map? Banning things due to safety ie on rides I get But other than that, is nonsense!
Actually, these are all excellent suggestions
Old 24 Jun 15, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
What you propose Disney Babe is common sense, but by the sounds of things it's not common practice.

I'm just waiting for the "is it ok to recline my seat whilst holding a selfie stick, without tipping anyone" thread. I think that one will get closed quite quickly

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 15, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Actually, these are all excellent suggestions
Yep. They've got my vote.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 15, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I don't yet have a selfie stick but j do intend to buy one for this year's trip. I went last year and many people had selfie sticks yet not one of them bothered us as a family. Again if someone had a selfie stick in my view I would ask then politely to move it from my view. Surely this is just common courtesy just like asking for a picture to be taken by someone else? I'm not sure if it's just us as a family but with a family of 5 it's pretty hard to get a picture of us all smiling looking at the camera with eyes open. When you ask someone to take a picture you don't want to ask them to wait till you get a good one... last year we did have memory maker though so this wasn't an issue for us however this year we are only doing a couple of disney days so will be wanting great pictures of back drops and with characters. This is the best way we find. Like others have said we wouldn't obstruct anyone's view at parades and just a stupid idea to use on rides. .
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 15, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Yep. They've got my vote.
And mine BD.
Are the actually allowed on rides as a previous poster mentioned - surely not
Old 24 Jun 15, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
Just bought a selfie stick so that we can get pictures of all of us together instead of always having someone missing from pics or having to ask someone else, I know people don't usually mind but sometimes you just want spontaneous pics not having to look for someone else to take them continuously. If we are standing posed for a pic we are potentially in peoples way whether I have a 4" stick or someone stood 4" in front of us taking pic, I wouldn't use it for parades etc or where there are lots of people so why shouldn't I be allowed, just have rules ie not at parades or on rides cos I get the impression that these are the main issues.
I agree with this. I don't have a selfie stick and have no plans to get one. To be honest, I haven't yet found them a problem but I think that's because they're a bigger issue at Disney parks and we usually skip those. At 5' I can't see much of the parades and fireworks anyway, especially if I had a 6 footer in front of me, maybe they should ban tall people too :-) It seems common sense to me that they be banned above eye level (as in Tokyo I think someone said?). It really does come down to consideration for others. We're planning on a visit to MK in September so I may return with a different opinion!?
Old 24 Jun 15, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Well that's saved me from buying one ! Like everything it is the minority that ruin it for the majority, for the happiest place on earth there are more than a few angry people! I've paid a lot of money for this holiday & to hell with everyone else. Personally I would add Ipads to this ! I just love it, where I have sat waiting for the parades & the person that has only just turned up puts their portable tv in front of my face so that they can record it!

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 15, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Well that's saved me from buying one ! Like everything it is the minority that ruin it for the majority, for the happiest place on earth there are more than a few angry people! I've paid a lot of money for this holiday & to hell with everyone else. Personally I would add Ipads to this ! I just love it, where I have sat waiting for the parades & the person that has only just turned up puts their portable tv in front of my face so that they can record it!

SD
It would be the same with iPads though wouldn't it? A few spoiling it for others. I take an iPad mini to the parks. I don't do roller coasters so I'm often sitting waiting while the others go on them. I grab a drink and read my book (on my iPad). It's also useful for connecting to wifi and keeping in touch with any of my DDs who aren't with us. I don't use it for filming anything or taking photos (OH has a good camera, so we use that). I wouldn't be impressed if I couldn't take my iPad in to parks because others feel the need to hold theirs aloft!
Old 24 Jun 15, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMoose
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Can you get selfie sticks for ipads... now there's an idea?

(Just joking).
MickeyMoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread