Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 15, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TheCheadley View Post
You need to stay somewhere in Orlando when you're aiming to spend time at the theme parks. If you stay onsite at Disney, you get Disney privileges. If you stay onsite at US, you get US privileges (and if you're clever you'll do both, so double win). If you try to save a few $ and don't stay at either, then in my opinion don't moan about others getting something for their money, just accept it for what it is and move on.

Or, let's get rid of all fast passes, and Premium Economy seats on the aircraft, and first class rail carriages, and private transfers, and all weddings over £10,000, and people in management positions, and private medical insurance, and err... Dolphins! Yes, definitely dolphins.
OK you win 'best post' award
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 15, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2504
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow what a lot of replies ! It's nice to see everyone's thoughts.
Next time we come we will book an onsite hotel for one night while staying on site Disney.
I'd happily give universal a miss but I do like some of the rides. At least we know what to do next time !
Old 13 Oct 15, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dilly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Billie-x View Post
Next time we come we will book an onsite hotel for one night while staying on site Disney.
I'd happily give universal a miss but I do like some of the rides. At least we know what to do next time !
We did one night at Cabana Bay - it didn't give us FOLP, but did give us early entry on both days. We were there in the first week of September and US/IOA were both really quiet back then, many rides were a walk on and we waited no longer than 20 minutes for anything.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
Dilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 15, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
One final thought. I've pretty much always stayed on site, over many years. Long before fastpasses etc were a tickle in Monstro's tummy! And I can honestly say that I've rarely queued a long time for anything, apart from the first visit when we queued for Jungle Cruise for an hour. This is one of the main benefit's of staying on site, you can come and go as you please, pick your times, study the queuing system, go on rides much later in the evening and not worry about the time as you know you're only a short bus ride back to your resort and a comfy bed. A classic example was last summer, just before the Magic Kingdom closed for the night, we went to Belle's Enchanted Cottage and I have to say it was amazing, a real throwback to what Disney meant when we first went all those year's ago. I'm old enough now to give all the thrill rides a miss if I want to, I don't - but I could. I suppose what I'm saying is - it's all about planning and timing - get that right and you won't go too far wrong.
Old 13 Oct 15, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Billie-x View Post
It's a good idea to spend one night in a Universal Hotel , I know it's another expense but to me it's worth it's weight in gold because you get to see so much more of the park instead of being stuck in queues all day , plus you can go back to the hotel in the afternoon and chill in the pool .

You get both check in and check out days of FOLP so 2 full days of the perks for one night in the hotel ... it's the way to go 👍👍
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 15, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We definitely saw an increase in crowds at US/IoA when we were there in May compared to the same two weeks in May last year... as a result we have booked a night at HRH for our visit next year to get FOLPs. Whilst the crowds wouldn't keep me away it will certainly be much more enjoyable not having to queue for such excessive times!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 15, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed at the universal hotel and got folp, but had to queue ages lol i was wondering what the point of them was, minions was like an hour at least 21/8 - 22/8 i dread to think what it would have been like without them, we are probably going to miss universal out next august, we did push the kids a bit hard because we knew we only had the 2 days there and I'm not sure they ever recovered for the rest of our holiday, that may have a bearing on our decision to miss it out, because we really enjoyed the rides and HP stuff, but its not disney and we love disney lol

no one mention private medical insurance
Old 13 Oct 15, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
if they had on site villas, not just rooms they call villas id be onsite in a heart beat, we love the whole having your own house thing, so onsite not an option for us
Old 13 Oct 15, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post

It is the planning, we go at the quietest time of year and use busy day guides never hit big queues. Everyone has been saying how busy this September was but we honestly didn't notice! The longest we queued was probably 15mins and apart from Magic Kingdom (always busy!) none of the parks felt crowded. During quiet periods universal is so much quieter than Disney and you don't need the express passes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 15, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
I think the best way to end the disagreement is to get rid of Fast Pass altogether and then there IS no argument.

Just because some people have more money than others, i.e Universal why does that give you an entitlement to get on a ride before somebody else?

It was the same when we went to Disney, everybody had booked all their rides 60 days in advance and when we got there, we had to stand and watch nothing but ''fast pass'' ALL day long, with awful standard queues and NOTHING available for us at all.

Is that really fair? No.

No human being is above anybody else, no matter who you are, therefore getting rid of the whole system and making it 100% fair across the board is no argument as far as I am concerned and everyone waits like everybody else.
Taking this further, should everyone be able to go to Florida if they want to? Drive a Maserati? Have a house in 100 acres? The world isn't like that and it never will be. The only countries that tried to make everyone equal (at least nominally) collapsed in the late 1980s.

To answer your question 'why does that give you an entitlement to get on a ride before somebody else?' with a question 'Is it fair to remove my choice on what I spend my money on so you don't feel disadvantaged?'.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread