Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 17 Aug 16, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Ahh, how fab!

Haven't a clue about ice skating but can tell your love of it through your writing.

Loving Pooter's take on things - they had some gorgeous looking food!
I was VERY surprised when Poot wanted to contribute to this...but it has been really fun to see what he remembered and valued.

There's a lot more skating (sorry...).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I love the skating reports, it's great to read your experience of the Worlds. We went to the Europeans in Sheffield a few years ago and it was a fantastic experience. I would love to do it again.

It's a vicious cycle getting funding for sport - you have to produce medals to get funding, and you can't get atheletes upto medal standard without the funding. Gymnastics seem to have got it sussed, I hope figure skating can learn something from the gymnasts.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I love the skating reports, it's great to read your experience of the Worlds. We went to the Europeans in Sheffield a few years ago and it was a fantastic experience. I would love to do it again.

It's a vicious cycle getting funding for sport - you have to produce medals to get funding, and you can't get atheletes upto medal standard without the funding. Gymnastics seem to have got it sussed, I hope figure skating can learn something from the gymnasts.
Thank you - and...

...I couldn't agree more. For us, just FINDING an ice rink is a big hassle. There used to be one in Stevenage, but now our nearest proper rinks are in London or Chelmsford. There's a roller rink in Welwyn Garden City, though...

But speaking of gymnastics, how great have the gymnasts been in Rio?! LOVE that Amy Tinkler! I had a little cry watching HER cry...

We had such a fab time in Boston that I'm thinking about booking a similar holiday for the World Gymnastics Championships next year in Montreal...

I would LOVE to go to Helsinki for next year's ISU Worlds - sadly, that one isn't in the budget. Montreal's later in the year, though...so maybe...
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am really enjoying your trip report so far-I did intend to read all about your Florida holiday but when I saw there was a previous trip report which included Boston I thought I better start here-I am so pleased I did!
It is lovely to hear Poot's version included too. Can't wait to read the rest.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I am really enjoying your trip report so far-I did intend to read all about your Florida holiday but when I saw there was a previous trip report which included Boston I thought I better start here-I am so pleased I did!
It is lovely to hear Poot's version included too. Can't wait to read the rest.
Thank you for your kind words!

Poot has a unique perspective - it was enormous fun for me to find out all the things that he did with my DH while we ladies were at the skating! Some things he told me about at the time, but some he didn't (like my DH trying to get him to eat shellfish - Poot has a shellfish ALLERGY! ).

I hope you enjoy the rest of the report -
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Great day for both of you.

We do watch the skating sometimes - as Peter is a ballroom dancer he's not averse to a sequin or several! I think it would have been really interesting to see it in person.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
a lovely day in a very interesting, different trip report. Thanks x
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Great day for both of you.

We do watch the skating sometimes - as Peter is a ballroom dancer he's not averse to a sequin or several! I think it would have been really interesting to see it in person.
Watching this year's event (on telly) really made me want to go to another Championships. Next year they'll be in Milan, though I expect a lower standard - as they will be following on from the Olympics. I've never been to Milan, though...tempting!

So Peter dances - but not you, Gill? Both R.C. and I love to dance (though we can only waltz and polka) - we have lots of enthusiasm - and very little talent. That is one of the things I would love to be good at - dancing. I think my flipper-like limbs hold me back...

More sequins tomorrow...

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
a lovely day in a very interesting, different trip report. Thanks x
Lol...this report hasn't even begun to get "different"...just wait!

Thanks for reading along -
Old 10 Apr 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I dance a bit but he's the star! He used to be a competitive ballroom dancer before we met. He appeared on the 'old' Come Dancing with his formation team.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I dance a bit but he's the star! He used to be a competitive ballroom dancer before we met. He appeared on the 'old' Come Dancing with his formation team.
Nothing more appealing than a man who can dance - Hubba Hubba!