Old 11 Apr 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Another great day. Loving reading this still.
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
Another great day. Loving reading this still.
You Scotswomen are HARD-CORE. I am impressed!

I probably shouldn't admit this, but every time I see "Fife" on your posts, I think to myself, "It started up in Fife, it ended up in tears..."

That has got to be one of the best lines EVER in a pop song, no?

YES!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
That cart escalator is indeed a great idea.

Glad you found potstickers - and managed to resist eating them!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
That cart escalator is indeed a great idea.

Glad you found potstickers - and managed to resist eating them!
But do you think it's a Nobel Prize-winning idea?! That just KILLED me when I read it!

It's bad news on the potsticker front, Gill. We had to go with "vegetable"-filled, as I can't have fish - and Poot can't have shellfish. And the veggie ones were SO bland and disappointing.

So the hunt for pork-y potstickers is back on...
Old 2 Jun 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great day exploring the shops, I hadn't intended to do much shopping or seek out target (I have found Wal-Mart on the map near the Capitol) but I feel the need to see a cart escalator at target...
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by miss_bell View Post
Great day exploring the shops, I hadn't intended to do much shopping or seek out target (I have found Wal-Mart on the map near the Capitol) but I feel the need to see a cart escalator at target...
Target > Walmart

Walmart owns ASDA, and it's ASDA-ish (so I don't like it as much as I like Target). But this was a city Target - not as good as the big Super Targets in Florida. Still, though - it was good to get my fix.

Poot loved the cart escalator - he was very sad they wouldn't let him ride in the cart as it made its journey.

We probably wouldn't have done any shopping - but for the fact that we had the kitchen and I wanted to cook a few meals. Once I twigged that our (hotel's) neighbourhood rolled up the pavements at 5:00 PM - it seemed necessary!
Old 25 Jul 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh that is sad that it was RC's last day. At least Poot was able to show him a magnetic meteorite 😊 Props to you for holding that disgustingly huge cockroach- you are a better mother than me 😂

I agree with Poot, the basket escalator inventor totally needs recognition. I have never seen anything like that in my life! Perhaps it was implemented to encourage the lunatics that try to take the trollies directly on the main escalator not to 😬

CVS is awesome! I love to stock up there on my EOS lip balms, they are always on offer there. Plus they have loads of sweets 😋 Those m&m's look delicious. Who doesn't love a room picnic. M xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Oh that is sad that it was RC's last day. At least Poot was able to show him a magnetic meteorite 😊 Props to you for holding that disgustingly huge cockroach- you are a better mother than me 😂

I agree with Poot, the basket escalator inventor totally needs recognition. I have never seen anything like that in my life! Perhaps it was implemented to encourage the lunatics that try to take the trollies directly on the main escalator not to 😬

CVS is awesome! I love to stock up there on my EOS lip balms, they are always on offer there. Plus they have loads of sweets 😋 Those m&m's look delicious. Who doesn't love a room picnic. M xx
Lol...I thought I looked all cool and not-bothered by the cockroach, but apparently not. Despite the mockery, I WAS a bit proud of myself - for despite understanding INTELLECTUALLY that a cockroach is just another insect (like, say - a butterfly) - I still find them disgusting.

And bless your heart for offering such a kind reply to what must have been a very boring day to read (though it does contain my favourite Pootism in the whole report - the bit about the Nobel Prize).

We were in the CVS for a LONG TIME () looking at all the sale candy. It's quite embarrassing to admit how much pleasure I get from mooching around the American shops. I was sorry that R.C. had to leave us - but he's a terrible (and grouchy) shopper - unlike Poot, who shares my love of Target/Walgreens/CVS.

I've read lots about the EOS lip balms, but am yet to try them. The last balm I had I bought at Cyber Candy in London - and it was this one...

...because I am a giant toddler.
Old 26 Jul 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Lol...I thought I looked all cool and not-bothered by the cockroach, but apparently not. Despite the mockery, I WAS a bit proud of myself - for despite understanding INTELLECTUALLY that a cockroach is just another insect (like, say - a butterfly) - I still find them disgusting.

And bless your heart for offering such a kind reply to what must have been a very boring day to read (though it does contain my favourite Pootism in the whole report - the bit about the Nobel Prize).

We were in the CVS for a LONG TIME () looking at all the sale candy. It's quite embarrassing to admit how much pleasure I get from mooching around the American shops. I was sorry that R.C. had to leave us - but he's a terrible (and grouchy) shopper - unlike Poot, who shares my love of Target/Walgreens/CVS.

I've read lots about the EOS lip balms, but am yet to try them. The last balm I had I bought at Cyber Candy in London - and it was this one...

...because I am a giant toddler.
DH and I were having a conversation yesterday, I was telling him that there is a CVS near the hotel and that I was going to pop in when we arrive for snacks and other fun stuff! I do wonder if tourists from other countries get excited about coming to the UK and going to Boots? that lip balm looks delicious
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
DH and I were having a conversation yesterday, I was telling him that there is a CVS near the hotel and that I was going to pop in when we arrive for snacks and other fun stuff! I do wonder if tourists from other countries get excited about coming to the UK and going to Boots? that lip balm looks delicious
My best girlfriend and I used to come to London every January (because that's when the tickets were the cheapest) - and we absolutely DID get excited about Boots.

Back then there was way less crossover of health and beauty products - and we used to buy (a line of) smellies at Boots that were themed to English expressions. My favourite was a bath gel called "More Tea, Vicar?".

We would go to Boots and Woolworths (for all the different chocolate bars/sweets we couldn't get in America) - and then duck into M&S for coronation chicken sandwiches (which we couldn't get either).

I'm a little sad that most things are the same, now. Though you still can't get a coronation chicken sandwich in America.