Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Oct 16, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Tea Cups...

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
I fancy riding Star Tours repeatedly to see all the different story lines, but that is likely to be a problem I've now realised
Especially as at the moment the ride at DHS hasn't gone back to be truly random yet. All the rides get BB8 and the new planet from Force Awakens.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by tolton View Post
The only thing that fits partially into that description for me and DW is Mission Soace at Epcot.

We were really looking forward to it but it made us feel really unwell for the rest of the day. Massively regretted it.
This. I'm not afraid of anything but went on this first time in 2004 and never again. Felt physically unwell for the rest of the day.
Deadlinesman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Deadlinesman View Post
This. I'm not afraid of anything but went on this first time in 2004 and never again. Felt physically unwell for the rest of the day.
Mission Space (Orange) is intense, no question. How you ride it can make it much worse. The best way is to a) keep facing the screen (don't turn to look at other people) and b) play along with the fake actions you have to do. The screen and the actions are there to prevent you being sick or at least distract you from the nausea.

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Tea Cups...
Tea Cups... I think everyone has there limits with this kind of thing. I can't imagine I could ride it too many times in a row without puking.

Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
I have told this story on here before but the first time I went to Orlando was with my parents when I was 14. My Mum is in a wheelchair and has major spine damage. Any bumps or movement are very painful for her and her spine is effectively pinned together.

We were at Hollywood studios (then MGM) and my dead Dad suggested going on the backstage tour. Me (being the sensible, responsible daughter ) said we should check in our disabled visitors guide that it was suitable for Mum. Dad insisted that it would be fine. After all what is the worst thing that can happen in a backstage tour? Catastrophe Canon of course! ha ha

My poor Mum! She survived. Dad felt terrible.

It did turn out to be one of the most memorable bits of our trip. We never let him forget it and my Mum and I still talk about it now.
I've done the same thing with my mum. She has various problems in her old age, and I never think too much of it until the ride starts bouncing all over the place and then suddenly I can feel all the terrible neck wrenching movements The thing is, she loves thrill rides, so it's about making sure they are smooth.

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Mission Space Orange, I was not scared to ride it, I was asked if we wanted to do the Green or Orange, I asked what the difference was and was told that Orange is the intense version, I plumped for Orange, but and its a big but, I thought we were going on Spaceship Earth it was me and DH and we had been the previous year with family and had done Spaceship Earth, I thought this was the same ride that we were doing again but an intense version... wrong.
DH kept asking me if I was sure we should be doing intense and I kept assuring him that it will be fine wasn't till we were getting all the warnings on the way round that I doubted my words, by the time we got to the loading bay I realised I must have made a mistake and we were doing a completely different ride and the intense version now I was SCARED ! I didn't have the guts to tell DH so we could back out, we did the ride.
I couldn't look at DH when we got off, I was feeling so ill and knew how he must be feeling, he doesn't do any thrill rides, no coasters or spinny rides, his limit is some water rides, the people mover, get my drift ?
We didn't speak for ten minutes we found a bench and sat down to regain our inner guts .never ever again, we laugh about it now but at the time it near on ruined our day.
That's a great story. As you say, bad at the time, but something to laugh about for years to come

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I remember going on an old fashioned Ferris wheel about 35 years ago (at the Town & Country Festival on Stoneleigh Royal Showground if any Dibbers remember that )

Our DD1, who was around 7 or 8 then, sitting alongside me thought it was great fun to rock the gondola just as we reached the top. About 5 minutes earlier I'd had a greasy roast pork batch which nearly didn't make it round the complete ride

Mick
Ferris wheels get me too

Have you tried the Ferris Wheel at Disney's California Adventure?

Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
None so far in Orlando. But my 3 year old DS was desperate to ride on an old fashioned ferris wheel at Carfest South this year. I was terrified and he thought it was the funniest thing ever!
That sounds like a challenge. Try Skycoaster at Old Town, and also Slingshot at the same place (OR Slingshot on I-Drive).
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Keirasean
Excited about Disney

Simpsons. Felt so sick after
Keirasean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Mission Space Orange, I was not scared to ride it, I was asked if we wanted to do the Green or Orange, I asked what the difference was and was told that Orange is the intense version, I plumped for Orange, but and its a big but, I thought we were going on Spaceship Earth it was me and DH and we had been the previous year with family and had done Spaceship Earth, I thought this was the same ride that we were doing again but an intense version... wrong.
DH kept asking me if I was sure we should be doing intense and I kept assuring him that it will be fine wasn't till we were getting all the warnings on the way round that I doubted my words, by the time we got to the loading bay I realised I must have made a mistake and we were doing a completely different ride and the intense version now I was SCARED ! I didn't have the guts to tell DH so we could back out, we did the ride.
I couldn't look at DH when we got off, I was feeling so ill and knew how he must be feeling, he doesn't do any thrill rides, no coasters or spinny rides, his limit is some water rides, the people mover, get my drift ?
We didn't speak for ten minutes we found a bench and sat down to regain our inner guts .never ever again, we laugh about it now but at the time it near on ruined our day.
Linda - I was sure that Jo said in her trippy that you went straight back to the queue to ride again

Mick
Old 27 Oct 16, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Linda - I was sure that Jo said in her trippy that you went straight back to the queue to ride again

Mick
Ha, the words " never again " were repeated over and over again, believe me
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Megara
Excited about Disney

Tower of Terror! I don't like rollercoasters or anything too intense and get really nervous in the queues for anything I'm not sure about. However, I thought I could do ToT thinking you just sit in a seat and it drops you up and down a bit like Dr Doom but less intense (I thought it would bounce you down a bit more!). How wrong was I! My stomach was soon in my throat and I squeezed my partners hand so hard he came off the ride with a claw! Never again! I spent the rest of the holiday saying 'I didn't like Tower of Terror, it was horrible!'
Old 27 Oct 16, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megara View Post
Tower of Terror! I don't like rollercoasters or anything too intense and get really nervous in the queues for anything I'm not sure about. However, I thought I could do ToT thinking you just sit in a seat and it drops you up and down a bit like Dr Doom but less intense (I thought it would bounce you down a bit more!). How wrong was I! My stomach was soon in my throat and I squeezed my partners hand so hard he came off the ride with a claw! Never again! I spent the rest of the holiday saying 'I didn't like Tower of Terror, it was horrible!'
ToT used to be worse. Apparently people complained so they shortened the drop At least that's what an old CM told me at HS way back in 1999. I'm sure he said 14 stories, but it doesn't look tall enough to me?!?

Would love to have the story confirmed, so I need to do some digging
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
Hurricane wooden roller coaster at the old Boardwalk and Baseball, I honestly thought I was going to collapse.
Theres a blast from the past Loved that place! and do have memories of the wooden coaster.

However another vote for the Disney Cable Cars...not for me that ride!
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lardyboy
Getting Excited

Der Stuka waterslide at Wet and Wild. Would be back in '96 on my first trip and my daughter wanted me to go on Bomb Bay, but there was no way I was going to do that, it looked terrifying. Anyway, I agreed I would queue with her and steeled myself to do Der Stuka instead. One of my worse mistakes. During the initial drop, if felt like I was falling outside the slide entirely. I'm sure the slide was just a few mm away from my shoulders, but my body was convinced I was just going to hit the floor. Then the splashdown. Immediately after the relief of not dying on the concrete and actually still being on the slide came the chlorinated enema that comes free with the slow down, followed by the ten minutes readjusting one's shorts.

This is why I still won't do any of the 'free-fall' slides at TL or BB.

Outside of Florida, my ex-wife persuaded me that the Big Shot on top of Stratosphere tower in Vegas. I'm told that the view from the top is amazing. I couldn't confirm as I had my eyes tightly closed the whole ride.
lardyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread