Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Nov 16, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jaccuziman
Very Serious Dibber

Crazy Crowds !

Here at the moment, and all crowd predictions are a pile of pants !

Went MK Sunday was busy 9 instead of predicted 7, thought it was marathon weekend one off.

Nope !
Yesterday, Monday was even worse !

Thought would do Epcot, predicted 4, and a 9 !
But MK predicted 6 was 8 !
Hollywood Studios predicted 6 was a 10 !
Animal Kingdom predicted 3 was a 9 !

So the predicted park total was 19 but was actually double, at 36 out of 40.

So the predictions, are a pile of pants !
O.K that was touring plans, but all of the sites were well off.
Was so busy couldn't do anything but fast passes.
Last 3 days could do nothing but fastpasses.

Unless you wanted to spend several hours queuing not just for rides, but also to buy anything, but that was if you could get round the shops, so full, even to buy a coffee.
Just hoping for a quiet second week.
But if the crowd predictions are as wrong as last 3 days, it will never be calm and manageable !

I am, after 20 years falling out of love with Disneyworld

I picked this time because of expected crowds, (always been September before), and O.K it's all just a guess anyway, but for all 4 parks to have double attendances is an unfunny joke.

Even if you don't do the rides, you can't just experience the parks, they are so full you can't see anything, or just move around and enjoy being there, because it is an ordeal to move around, and there are so many people here, you can't even see anything for people !

Horrendous !

Edited at 12:29 PM.
jaccuziman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh no dont blame you being fed up... sounds crap! Is there a quiet time to go? I dont think so anymore! I hope the crowds ease off for you x
Old 8 Nov 16, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jaccuziman View Post
Thought would do Epcot, predicted 4, and a 9 !
But MK predicted 6 was 8 !
Hollywood Studios predicted 6 was a 10 !
Animal Kingdom predicted 3 was a 9 !
Who gave you those new numbers? Is that your opinion?

EDIT: Just went and checked historical data on touring plans. Looks like an anomaly. The 3rd and 4th had lower crowds than predicted. 5th was accurate overall but park distribution was off.

Edited at 02:53 PM.
mysteryjimbo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disney-101
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

disney-101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We were there in 2012 at the same time of year and found the crowds heavy the week before veterans weekend, but then it got a lot quieter. Hope you still enjoy your hols.
2012 SSR
disney-101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I'm here now too (arrived Saturday).

Went to Universal Studios on Sunday and it was moderate - 30mins wait for Gringots at midday so not bad but Despicable Me was over an hour (God knows why)

Also at Epcot yesterday (Monday) - probs saw you lol - and it was packed packed packed... including lots more children than we expected.

I think it may be because a) it is the last week of the Food & Wine festival or b) people have taken time off during election week and Veterans day.

So far definitely been busier than May & October when we usually come.

To be honest, I had my suspicions because we've struggled to book ANY restaurants at Disney for Dinner for our two weeks here.

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Its like planning your day based on last years weather report.
Old 8 Nov 16, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
I'm here now too (arrived Saturday).

Went to Universal Studios on Sunday and it was moderate - 30mins wait for Gringots at midday so not bad but Despicable Me was over an hour (God knows why)

Also at Epcot yesterday (Monday) - probs saw you lol - and it was packed packed packed... including lots more children than we expected.

I think it may be because a) it is the last week of the Food & Wine festival or b) people have taken time off during election week and Veterans day.

So far definitely been busier than May & October when we usually come.

To be honest, I had my suspicions because we've struggled to book ANY restaurants at Disney for Dinner for our two weeks here.
Despicable me is always busy, particularly on a weekend. It's very popular with kids too small to ride some of the thrill rides (and big kids like me). I find getting in there as early as possible helps beat the queue.

When we visited MK last week the announcer on the train said that Disney had car park capacity for 60,000 cars and that on the day we visited they were expecting about 5,000. When I was queueing for rides I couldn't help but get the feeling that they were trying to get away with running less ride cars / staff than normal. The park didn't seem more than moderately busy and leaving the park at closing time was the easiest I've ever seen it but the queues were pretty bad throughout the day.

edit: Oh, and I suspect some people come just to see the Christmas decorations / attractions as soon as they are up! Remember, you haven't been able to watch the nomral MK fireworks while Mickey's Not So Scary was on - that's why we waited until after halloween to visit.

Edited at 03:44 PM.
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I hope it quietens a bit in the next 20 days!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is Disneys plan, by implementing times that pass holders and Florida residents cannot go (i.e. Easter, Xmas, Summer Holidays) it makes the previously quieter times busier.

We found the 2nd week of August fairly quiet. At AK the major rides were walk-on after 4pm!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

Its Jersey week and veterans day this week, so probably busier than a usual November week. It will be even busier Thanksgiving week.
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List