Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Universal DAS ?

Hi Guys I think its called DAS
we are off to the west coast in august and I was wanting some advice.
My OH has Chrons and its unbelievable how often and sometimes short notice he has to make restroom breaks We have been to florida a million times and utilise FP at Disney and always stay at HRH for express at universal however California does not seem to offer that at their hotels so it looks like we will need to just que.
well I know that OH will never go that amount time without having to leave the que and visit a restroom, so question is .. will he be able to do this ? if not I have mentioned that I have seen that florida offers DAS. Problem he said he would rather not go that have to use a disability pass (hes so bloomin stubborn) .. the kids really want to go to universal and hes just being silly .. after a couple of mayor surgeries and constant meds you would think he would just admit it to himself

so I suppose im hoping he would be able to just leave the que and rejoin,but I know deep down that isn't going to happen or is there a way to get him on the rides .. he does love them as well

Thanks Guys
Lisa x
Old 28 May 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Have a look at the Front of Line pass. It gives you fast access to each ride once.

You would also stand more of a chance of being able to nip out and back of that queue (if there is much of one).

More expensive, but probably the best option.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
berneslai
Helping Minnie

It's called DAS for Disney, it's AAP (Attraction Assistance Pass) for Universal. It only takes a few minutes to get one from Guest Relations.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from getting one and it would work as you expect - he could go to the restroom and then join the ride after the allotted wait time. It's completely a moral issue and not a legal/medical issue.

You'll have to convince him to go for it, it's not as if you are jumping the queue and it's not embarassing to get one.

Edited at 10:34 PM.
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by berneslai View Post
It's called DAS for Disney, it's AAP (Attraction Assistance Pass) for Universal. It only takes a few minutes to get one from Guest Relations.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from getting one and it would work as you expect - he could go to the restroom and then join the ride after the allotted wait time. It's completely a moral issue and not a legal/medical issue.

You'll have to convince him to go for it, it's not as if you are jumping the queue and it's not embarassing to get one.
Thanks .. im going to work on him this week
can I ask do I just take a letter fro the doc or prescription to show ?
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
berneslai
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Thanks .. im going to work on him this week
can I ask do I just take a letter fro the doc or prescription to show ?
You don't need to provide any evidence and they will not ask you what the issue is. Just ask for the pass and you'll get one.
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Thanks for the reply .. I think hes embarrassed to discuss as its not a nice topic
Lisa x
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

My daughters friend asked last Friday for an assistance pass at universal due to severe bowel issues/ colostomy bag. She took hospital letters etc with her but was told she’d have to buy a front of line pass as they wouldn’t give her an assistance pass for her issue. The lady then had a change of heart and she said because there’s only 2 of you I’ll let you have a pass this once.
She got A DAS at Hollywood studios with no issues.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
My daughters friend asked last Friday for an assistance pass at universal due to severe bowel issues/ colostomy bag. She took hospital letters etc with her but was told she’d have to buy a front of line pass as they wouldn’t give her an assistance pass for her issue. The lady then had a change of heart and she said because there’s only 2 of you I’ll let you have a pass this once.
She got A DAS at Hollywood studios with no issues.
This sounds bad .. there’s no way he can go an hour or more without leaving the que and this is normally on an ok day
My OH doesn’t have a colostomy bag (yet) so far just huge scars from where he has had surgery (we call them his shark attack scars .. as it was easier for lil one
Old 14 Jan 20, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We bought universal LA tickets with express pass from ATD for our trip this summer. DH has fibromyalgia and also struggles to stand for long periods of time so we figured it was the best bet plus if we get the park done in good run we can always spend time at city walk later or revisit the best rides! It is only a once per ride/show fastpass unlike the ones you get staying at HRH though.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well first of all, your question was quite confusing as you're talking about HRH passes (orlando) and universal hollywood

anyway, try and make sure the AAP system is right for your needs

if the team member considers your eligible, you'll get a card, that will basically work like disney's DAS

get to a ride, if the posted wait time is 30 minutes or less, you'll be let in the Express lane, and do the wait like you would have with an express pass.

if the wait is over 30 minutes, you'll get a return time based on the standby wait time, and once that time is up you will be able to enter the express lane
only one return time at a time. Just like DAS

AAP means you'll be able to wait for the duration of the line, but outside of the line

if you (like me) need to make very quick visits to the parks, and if the standby wait times are long, you will not get many rides out of the AAP system, as it won't cut the wait time

maybe try to explain the issue to the team member you request the assistance pass with. I know that in orlando they sometimes offer a 3 express passes per day system instead of the AAP (you need to go collect the passes every day, and availability may not be guaranteed) So maybe Uni Hollywood will offer something similar

I use AAP and I'll be honest in saying that, when attendance is too high, that pass doesn't help me much, since I often have to leave the park before I hit my second return time of the day (3 hours of park a day is what I can cope with). And mostly ever do rides that clock under 30 minutes, as it's basically "unlimited express" at those low wait rides.

Edited at 08:31 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List