Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Jun 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by markpwa8 View Post
3 adults?
Yeah - but two light eating ladies! One greedy bloke...
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
I wouldn't buy 2. 1 voucher should be suffice.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
clwil02
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
One voucher should be fine - my husband would describe himself as a greedy bloke and it's the one place that I have seen him defeated by the amount of food on his plate (he was very disappointed with himself!)

HHAGG is a must for us and the family are insisting we crowbar in a visit even though we have DDP
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We've bought 2 between 4 as a lot of the meals look like $15 to $18 and it said off food and drink so figured have a cocktail with dinner with the saving lol x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ayeready
Excited about Disney

Used our vouchers this week but not sure we'll be returning after this visit.

Food portions are smaller than they used to be and service has gone down hill. Real shame as this was our favourite place to eat.
ayeready is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Just bought again for trip in August.

Fun fact: One of the general managers there saved my sons life during one visit in 2016 when he was choking. The situation vey quickly escalated and it was clear the back slaps werent working... very quickly he came in and performed the Heimlich (twice) and saved his life.

We have visited every year since. It's always very emotional but the food is always great and despite the very traumatic event we always like to go .
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by markpwa8 View Post
I wouldn't have the chicken and waffles again, personally, but the rest was great. Especially the Pot Pie which would have fed 4 people!
I agree re chicken and waffles. The bacon was all flabby and as it’s baked into the waffle it’s not that pleasant.
Just my opinion.
We love it for breakfast (particularly the banana and brown sugar pancake) but lunch didn’t do it for us

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We went on Friday to use this voucher - it was a mixed bag of an experience...

The Good - the food was great. I had the Chilaquiles which tasted great, my eldest son had a burger which he really liked and the youngest enjoyed his chicken sandwich. The portions were also very big. The prices were also great especially after the deduction of the voucher.

The Bad - the service was truly dreadful. It took about 20 mins for our drinks order to be taken. It was then another 20 mins before they turned up - well 2 of them, the lager I ordered took another 10 minutes and I had to ask where it had gone..

The Ugly - did I mention the service? Despite having a dedicated bar with 2 staff and no customers, getting a beer was difficult. The first one was taken to the wrong table after a lengthy wait. The second one again took around 20 minutes (by which time I had finished eating and was ready to leave) and again did a tour of the restaurant before I managed to catch the attention of the waiter so he could bring it to our table.

There were about 8 staff. We went at 3.30pm and it wasn't that busy. I am not sure if it was just our waiter or general incompetence - the bar staff brought the beers so it might have been a team effort.

Overall - if you don't mind waiting then I would recommend Hash House. The food was really good and it was excellent value for money.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Used 1 of our vouchers last night.

Superb value and great food. 3 kids meals, pot pie and a spicy chicken sandwich. 4 soft drinks, 2 beers and a jack daniels with Coke. $68!

Take the voucher off this total and it was a BARGAIN!

Got another voucher to use over the next 3 weeks.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List