Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Inbound.

Seems a bit of a waste, as has been said, if you are going to be a sleep for part of the journey, but the outbound never have a problem however uncomfortable I am as excitement gets me through - I've even been disappointed not to get an extra film in…but being uncomfortable coming home is just horrible so has to be PE for me, esp as I have to drive 3+ hrs when we land.

NB, don't tell the wife we can have an extra case tho…..!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

We have booked coming back premium, we also used up our miles that I’ve been saving for a rainy day. The biggest reason... luggage allowance. I think we are depressed enough to to have a bit more comfort on the way home eases it... if only a little. But will make me happier knowing the shopping I will be bringing home.
We also have a 2 1/2 hour drive home after getting off the plane.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Dibbers row out PE back because there's half a chance of a sleep in PE, as long as no one reclines on me too much.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are doing economy delight outbound and PE on the way back. It wasn’t much more to do pe and like others I wanted a bit more comfort and not to have to worry about baggage allowance on the way home.
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

That's a complicated one for me. If it is a quiet time of year, I would go PE out so that I could enjoy the experience and start the holiday off in style. On the way back, I would prefer an economy seat if there is a good chance of spare seats on the aircraft because you can raise the arm rests and spread a bit. Having said that, I am incapable of sleeping sitting upright so don't sleep on the way back generally. If I'm miserable about coming home, I might as well be miserable in economy...
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have a large posterior so it's PE all the time for me

That said, if I could only do it one-way it would be the flight home. Extra baggage and the chance to sleep in a little bit of comfort. I'm not driving when we land in the UK this time though (mainly because I don't trust the valet parking not to smash my car up again!) so will be getting the train home

Edited at 02:03 PM.
dpmcalister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sunjue100 View Post
We are doing economy delight outbound and PE on the way back. It wasn’t much more to do pe and like others I wanted a bit more comfort and not to have to worry about baggage allowance on the way home.
That's what we are doing too. We need our sleep on way back as straight back to work

We are downstairs too. There were no PE seats left upstairs but tbh I don't think I would book upstairs incase there was a crying baby all the way home. I know there could be one (or more) downstairs but it's a larger area so won't be as noisy? Or so I'm thinking anyway. By the time I have one drink and a couple of advil PM's I won't be caring
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List