Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Nov 18, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

*Live* "Don't fall off your chair" Day 6 First Watch & shopping, Day 7 sick day 6th & 7th Nov 2018

Index

Day 6 - First Watch, Shopping & Day 7 -Sick Day

Tuesday 6th November 2018

We had slept well for our first night in the villa, and woke around 7am. We were soon showered and dressed ready for our first breakfast of this part of our holiday. We were excited to try somewhere new to us, as we were heading to First Watch at Champions Gate. We arrived about 8.30am and were seated immediately. It's quite a small building compared to some restaurants, and was about half of the tables were occupied. Here are some menu pics.

We both ordered coffee, and the waitress also brought a bottle of water for us to drink, like an old style milk bottle. Neil ordered the traditional breakfast, with smoked ham and I ordered 2 banana granola crunch pancakes. The waitress warned me they were big but I went ahead and ordered 2 anyway. The pancakes were delicious , with big slices of banana through them. Neil enjoyed his breakfast too. Needless to say, I couldn't finish my pancakes. Our total bill came to $24.05 but I had signed up for their email club and had a BOGO coupon, so we only paid $13.31 plus tip. Bargain!

We left First Watch unsure of what we would do next, but decided to go shopping. Our intention was to stop at the Vineland Premium outlets, but we missed the exit so decided to carry on to the I-Drive outlets instead. We came off the I4 early for these and had to go up International Drive a fair bit to reach them. We saw all of the new "paid for" parking spaces but easily managed to find a free space. It was still early, about 10.15am.

I felt a bit unprepared as we hadn't planned this shopping day and I hadn't organised my email coupons. Because of this I was reluctant to buy anything so after browsing in a few shops we went into the Food Court where we picked up wifi from Panera Bread. I checked my email coupons and collected my VIP Savings Passport. Since we were there, we decided to have some food so we both had a Stromboli from Sbarro, and Coke to drink.

After this we felt much more in the mood for shopping and our first stop was Ralph Lauren Big & Tall for Neil. We didn't know that this section of RL now had its own shop, it used to be squeezed into a corner of the main store. Anyway, after a fair while browsing and trying on, finally purchases were made, mainly shirts for work. We were able to use a 30% off coupon that had been emailed to me, so we were pleased that we had taken the time to check my emails.

Next stop was one for me, Roz & Ali, formerly Dressbarn, and one of my favourite places to shop. I came out with some jeans, a jumper and a dressy top. I didn't have any valid discount emails from them at the moment, so the only discount I could use was from the Savings Passport, 20% off a single item. Still, better than nothing. We popped into Bath & Body Works as well, and were disappointed to find out that they only sell wax melts at Christmas now. Even though they had other Christmas stock in, they didn't have any of these. After browsing a few more shops where we didn't buy anything, we decided we were finished shopping for today and came back to the villa.

We weren't in long when youngest daughter Eilidh Facetimed, so it was nice to chat with her and give her a tour of the villa. Shortly afterwards, we had an incident with a tiny lizard who had found his way into the house. Obviously we had to get him back outside, so we thought the best thing would be to trap him inside a glass then slide a coaster under and pop him back out. We managed the first part successfully, and he was safely inside the glass. Getting the coaster under proved a bit trickier, and he somehow ended up half in and half out of the glass. He was still alive, wriggling around, but I fear he had quite a severe injury around his middle. We put him outside anyway, hopefully he will be fine, but I was sad to think I had hurt him which wasn't my intention.

We sat out on the pool deck for a while until it got dark, and used the spa which was lovely and warm.

We had planned to go out for dinner tonight, but at the last minute decided to get take-away pizza instead. This turned out to be a very bad decision indeed. We ordered from Papa John's, a large pizza to share with toppings of chicken, Canadian bacon and pepperoni. It only took around 20 minutes or so to arrive and we were soon tucking in. We couldn't manage all of it and after eating a couple of slices each, put the rest away in the fridge for later.

However, later wasn't to be because soon after Neil didn't feel well and we decided to turn in for the night. It was only about 9.30pm. We hadn't long settled to sleep when Neil was up being sick. By now I also wasn't feeling well, and couldn't settle because of bad stomach pain. It was only a matter of time and I was sick as well. Without going into all of the gory details, that was it for the rest of the night. All night! If it wasn't Neil up being ill, it was me and vice versa. The bathroom was a revolving door!

The next day doesn't deserve a post of its own, so I'm tagging it onto this one.

Wednesday 7th November 2018

We finally stopped being physically ill about 6am and we managed to doze off and on until getting up about 12 noon. We showered to try and feel better but we just didn't have any energy. After being up for an hour, I slept on the couch for 3 more hours. Neil dozed a bit and at some point, bless him, braved getting rid of the pizza and salad from the fridge. Eventually, we tried a little food and flat Coke to try and boost our energy. I had a single tiny slice of toast (why is bread so small here?), which it took me almost an hour to eat and Neil had a couple of biscuits. We both still felt rotten, so headed back to bed just after 6pm.

We were rudely awoken at 8pm by the smoke alarm going off. It was such a fright being woken up like that, but we checked the whole house and everything seemed fine so we settled down again. Then the same thing happened at 8.19pm, the fire alarm again. We decided it must be faulty so we phoned the management company. Luckily their number worked from the house phone, even though they didn't answer straight away. We decided to wait a few minutes and try them again, but they rang us back almost immediately. Neil explained the problem and they said they would be right over. It is a Scottish couple who run the management company, and we chatted with the wife, Helen while her husband checked the alarms. He managed to fix them, or so he thought, then just as they were leaving it went off again for a third time. I think he then disabled some of them and said he would come back tomorrow and re-wire any that needed it. I think they could see we were in no fit state for a big repair job tonight! Finally, about 9 we got back to bed, still not feeling great, but at least able to get some sleep.

Sorry for this awful last post, and thanks for reading if you got this far!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022

Edited at 06:29 PM.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Hope you recovered quickly. It sounds awful. Fire alarms were definitely last thing you needed.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

Enjoying your report; thanks for sharing!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

My sister and I love Dress Barn too. I’ve got a loyalty card and we share it - We go to Florida at different times but earn and use the points as we want. It’s worth getting if you spend a lot in there.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no, I do hope you are both better soon. Georgia and Rob were ill on our first Disney trip, it’s horrible being ill when you want to be enjoying yourself.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh what a shame you were both do poorly. I really hope it was just a 24hour thing.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
What a horrible end to the day for you, hope you soon felt better
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

Hope you both felt better by the next day,
food poisoning is bad at any time but it's even worse when on holiday
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Such a shame you were both so ill hope you are both back to normal tomorrow

Joan
Old 10 Nov 18, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

How awful hope you both feel better
I always seem to get a beeping smoke alarm when I'm at the villa on my own takes ages to find the offender and n haul,outbthe ladder and why is it always the one on the highest part of the ceiling and I've to perch on the top,step
Love dress barn jeans
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List