Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Zuko is a fine cat, lovely colour & markings.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

We also have 2 guinea pigs. Bruce and milo.

*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

we got the dog 3 years after the cat and had to get the cat used to eating off the window sill. Dogs love catfood far more than dogfood so it will be gone in a shot if its within reach
Old 20 Jun 19, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by britishgirl View Post
we have 2 dogs and 3 cats,the youngest is 11 and oldest is 14,and food is just left on the floor and eaten as they want it,when the bowls are empty I refill them and they may occassionly eat each others food,but there is no fighting or gobbling of food,I was told it wouldnt work but couldnt be bothered separating them all the time so decided to give it a go and it worked,the trick seemed to making sure there is always food out,they only take what they need and leave the rest
I think our 7 month labrador would eat that lot in 10 minutes! I have only seen her leave her bowl half eaten for 2 minutes before going back and finishing it.
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We’ve had cats and dogs for years cats who have all been grazers fed out of reach of the dogs as all but one of our dogs never lift there head from their own bowl till it’s finished
Only one Weimaraner ever walked away from food and he couldn’t of cared if it was prime steak or dried dog food if he wasn’t hungry he wasn’t hungry didn’t even bother if when he’d walked away one of the dogs or cats went to his bowl
He was a very very tall skinny dog all his life would go 2/3 days just drinking water lived to 14
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We used to put the cat’s food in the utility room and installed a baby gate and a cat flap in the utility door so we had the option of removing the baby gate.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Honestly - think about what you are doing here- Jack Russell is a hunter.

Jack Russells are commonly known to harass, injure or kill other small pets, such as cats, birds, rabbits, mice, rats, gerbils, etc... ...
Raising a Jack Russell puppy with a cat does not guarantee the cat's life-long safety, you need to be fully dedicated to this.

Of course you will get people saying JR are find with their cat, but instinct sometime over powers poor training.

Be careful.
my dog is a jack Russell cross and he has been fine with the rabbits, guinea pigs and now the cat we have (we have a lovely photo of the cat and the dog asleep and the dog is resting his head on the cat) however a few years ago we were in the garden and a rat run down the bottom of it and he was on it like a shot so you are right in what you say.
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
This is the cat. His name is zuko, he came with the name already.

Gorgeous colour! I love the name Zuko! As a child if the 70’s Danny Zuko was my heart throb 😂😂

My dog Tilly picks at her food, she only has a tiny bit at a time. Not sure if it’s because she is a small breed therefore her tummy is small? When we go to my best friends house who has her brother, she will not eat from his bowl at all. They eat the same type of food (wainwright’s) but my friend has to put Tilly’s very own bowl down for her lol (pampered pooch as water & food bowls at home, at my best friends & at my mums 😂😂
Cant wait to see pictures of the new puppy!
I love jack russels, they are super clever too. With him being a mix, he will be so tiny 💕
I would certainly put the cat food on the higher cat post 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

I think my plan is to put a stair gate on the kitchen door and have the cats food in the kitchen.
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen1
Excited about Disney

It's the other way round in our house lol.. Our Dog will even stand back while she does it !
Jen1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List