Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 24 Feb 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
CandiR24
Earning More Ears

Mobile 2 week plan no Disney

Hello everyone,

So this is our second time to Orlando however not wanting to do Disney as we prefer the big rides! We go at the end of May

So how does this itinerary look?

1st night - unpack go sleep

Day 2 - Walmart food shopping, Congo mini golf, chill by pool then a big family meal together (suggestions? Staying in kissimeee)

Day 3 - Universal

Day 4 - Busch gardens

Day 5 - Shopping at malls/outlets and Disney springs

Day 6 - Typhoon lagoon water park

Day 7 - Universal

Day 8 - Free day (might go Celebration town meant to be pretty or happy to take suggestions)

Day 9-11 - going to Miami

Day 12 - Volcano Bay waterpark

Day 13 - Free day or Kennedy Space centre if it's worth the distance?

Day 14 - Free day for last minute shopping, bit of fun like go karting etc...

Final day - Fly home
CandiR24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Do you need to go to Miami ? I would personally drop that and do other stuff near orlando. There isnt much in Miami for a fun time (except a beach or two)
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
CandiR24
Earning More Ears

Always wanted to go Miami, and heard good things about south beach, so thought whilst we were in Florida we would go for 2 nights. The kids are staying in Orlando (with their parents) but us other adults wanted to go... what else would you of suggested?
CandiR24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

If you are doing Universal , and Busch - would it make more sense to get a ticket that includes Aquatica rather than typoon Lagoon.

Otherwise sound like a great holiday plan
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
CandiR24
Earning More Ears

I was debating that yes... is aquatica good? We chose typhoon lagoon as the wave pool looked amazing. But from a money/ticket point of view i see what you mean!

Edited at 07:52 AM.
Old 25 Feb 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

We did aquatica and typhoon lagoon last time and actually preferred aquatica. Typhoon Lagoon wave pool is fun, if not a little brutal as it's very powerful! We tried at in the knee deep water bit and literally got knocked off our feet, the bottom of the pool is like sandpaper so I imagine it could cause a nasty graze too. Aquatica seemed more chilled out overall but they did have some pretty good slides too, including Breakaway falls, where you stood up and then the floor fell from underneath you, i didn't try it but the hubby went on it several times and raved about it.
Maggi68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks good but like others would question the Miami excursion. One alternative suggestion for you - after Busch gardens drive to the gulf coast beaches as you will only be max 40 mins away. Stay over maybe so get some time on the gorgeous Florida beaches and have a meal watching the sun set. We often do it and love it.
Have fun - Itinerary shaping up well !
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
CandiR24
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Ok thanks a lot for your replies everyone! Think I may re-think Miami and perhaps do aquatica! Thanks!
Old 26 Feb 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Maggi68 View Post
We did aquatica and typhoon lagoon last time and actually preferred aquatica. Typhoon Lagoon wave pool is fun, if not a little brutal as it's very powerful! We tried at in the knee deep water bit and literally got knocked off our feet, the bottom of the pool is like sandpaper so I imagine it could cause a nasty graze too. Aquatica seemed more chilled out overall but they did have some pretty good slides too, including Breakaway falls, where you stood up and then the floor fell from underneath you, i didn't try it but the hubby went on it several times and raved about it.
Typhoon Lagoon was good but the wave pool is really strong. I got knocked off my feet on about the third wave and it felt like a long hobble to the First Aid Station
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List