Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Just off the phone with Disney ... ARGHHHH

So I like everyone else had the email on Friday re. options for our sep 2020 booking. I called tonight to re-schedule it to end of Oct 2021 after spending the past few days researching dates, opening hours, weather and costs I got a bombshell...

So I had seen all the stuff online and that the website changed tonight but though they would still honour re-scheduling of existing bookings...NO.

Anyone looking to re-schedule to next year can not book past end of Sep. The cast member was apologetic and explained that they did not get any warning that this was happening either.

I explained that if I had got thru yesterday I could of changed to those dates and he agreed, I then went onto explain how if I had called a week ago I could of changed to those dates and added on paid for ddp and he agreed.
I asked him to pass on my disappointment at this and that it is very poor customer service.

He advised I wait a few days, keep checking my emails as there might be another email and I could try calling back to get those dates.

Disney keep moving the goal posts, its so annoying. Since the email on Friday night giving us 2 weeks to decide what we are doing they have removed any form of ddp, removed 21 day tickets and suspended bookings past end of Sep all without actually telling anyone.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

I really feel for you that’s so frustrating. I’m really shocked that they’ve done this without even issuing a statement. It’s also unclear what’s happening to people who have recently moved bookings to dates past the end of September 21

Fingers crossed you can get the dates you want soon!
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

There not even taking new bookings after Sept 2021 as of right now. I hope you get something sorted soon, not great when you've to cancel for this year but then all your hopes go out the window for next year too...
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

We don’t even care about the 50th anniversary stuff we want Oct/Nov so dh and brother can go to the NFL.
I knew about new bookings but figured they would still let ppl with 2020 bookings reschedule to then.
Right arm doesn’t seem to know what the lefts doing at Disney HQ
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Why have they stopped the 21 day ticket? Can you still get the 14 day one? I’m glad I wasn’t booked to go this year or next it all seems a nightmare . Not the Disney magic we are used to (but I do feel sorry for them too it must be a logistical nightmare opening this business up )
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Looks like all to do with news 7/14 days tickets will be a thing of the past after sept 2021
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissB87 View Post
Looks like all to do with news 7/14 days tickets will be a thing of the past after sept 2021
It might just be for those 3 months. Disney haven't said anything about 2022.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

i've got a feeling Disney are going to be expanding their flexible ticket prices. With the introduction of needing to book parks in advance, they could charge different rates depending on how early you book or how busy the park will be.
There will probably be some sort of 7/14 day tickets but thing there will be changes.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

It almost feels like they are trying to put people off coming daily, moving the goalposts so more people cancel, wonder if they are trying to get booking close to what they feel capacity will be and are chopping away at the offers until they get close to what they want.
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
At a guess, there will be special tickets for the 50th Anniversary. Probably at a premium too.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List