Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Personally I’m ok with people expressing opposing views especially if backed up with info - preferably a link.

What annoys me though are the comments that completely rubbish another person’s comment, usually in a pompous “I know better than you” tone.

I would love to read and learn more about the current issues but some replies are like college lectures which I find difficult to understand. As for asking a question or giving my own simple views - well forget it !
Linda I think I've asked some very dumb questions and have received nothing but kindness and explanations I can understand. I'm a great believer in know your enemy and I have learned so much and am very grateful.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by klairbear View Post
I think I am responsible for some of the comments last night (at least one of my comments has been deleted) and I apologise for any hurt feelings and upset I've caused. I am one of these people who can bite my tongue for a bit but I do reach a point where I snap, and that was yesterday, I wasn't having a good day and let it out on here. I will work on walking away in future. I'm sorry again.
It shows that you are a nice person for apologising and you should be proud of yourself for that as many people wouldn’t. 😊

Edit: I’ve found the thread I think you are talking about and I can see you’ve not got anything to apologise for, so try not to worry about it. 🥰

Kat

Edited at 01:13 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Linda I think I've asked some very dumb questions and have received nothing but kindness and explanations I can understand. I'm a great believer in know your enemy and I have learned so much and am very grateful.
No such think as dumb questions, only dumb answers.

I had a great-uncle who instilled in us all the benefit of knowing your enemy, although he said " Always know what the b######s are thinking!"
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I think the current situation hasn’t helped - definitely some mean spirited and spiteful people about!

Best ignored, I find.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Truth is, nobody knows the content of another posters bag, almost without exception it is likely different to yours.

Our objective should be to post with compassion and understanding, because as in day to day life, we will never 100% agree with everyone else.

Personal attacks have no place on here, remember the ‘off’ button.

Disney332
Old 3 Feb 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by klairbear View Post
I think I am responsible for some of the comments last night (at least one of my comments has been deleted) and I apologise for any hurt feelings and upset I've caused. I am one of these people who can bite my tongue for a bit but I do reach a point where I snap, and that was yesterday, I wasn't having a good day and let it out on here. I will work on walking away in future. I'm sorry again.
Don’t apologise- you did nothing wrong. You dealt with it calmly and rationally. I think your comment was probably removed as it quoted the unacceptable, nasty post/s xxx

Edited at 01:14 PM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Closed - Refer to T&C's Section 3.4 https://www.thedibb.co.uk/terms_and_conditions.php