Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Feb 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
Prior to this trip never used a poncho - just waited out in shops for it to stop - I assume that's not allowed now
This is a very valid point. We too had porta ponchos for years and never really opened them. Just got wet or sheltered. Mainly pressed on and enjoyed the empty queues. But even then in thunderstorms in August we would shelter nearby.

If covid is changing the numbers in shops and it is queue to enter we may have to get new non dried up and crusty ponchos just in case.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all, great to hear everyone’s experiences. Forgot about the bag definitely a poncho so.
I bought some in Tiger ages ago so they will do! Thanks again
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Poncho especially if you go in August as it rains for hours.
They are easy to carry and can cover your backpack.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Neither.

When it rains, it is still warm and almost like being in a bathroom shower. You get very wet and then you dry off within minutes.

It is all down to clothing selection, very light weight, fast wicking shirts and shorts (that in any case take up less room in your luggage... and decent, Reef Flip flops. Those are the only items of clothing that I have ever taken into the parks.. and other than my aircraft clothes, shoes, chinos, collared shirt and waterproof, the only clothes that I take to Florida, hence why I prefer hand baggage only.
The waterproof is redundant once I get there.

Even when I go to Universal, where I love Dudley Doorite or Infinity falls at Seaworld where I know that I will get totally saturated.. Shorts and Shirt with flip flops.

Edited at 02:19 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We are neither people. It’s part of the fun I guess trying to find a spot to shelter. I couldn’t stand the sweaty feeling in one. I take a small brolly just in case.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

A long poncho, don't mind my top half wet but not me intimate apparel
Old 27 Feb 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Agreed!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Neither...so far.

We’ve only ever visited in October so we’ve never needed them as the rain isn’t too bad.

We are attempting to go in July (second time lucky &#129310 so might change our minds as I believe it can be pretty wet in summer.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Someone mentioned Decathlon and I think the big store they were building near Dublin airport is now open, well not during covid of course but I'm almost certain it had been finished and open. Anyway, they have really reasonable stuff there if you're looking for ponchos, t-shirts, kids shorts and tees, cooling towels etc.. I always stock up there pre holiday and have found their stuff good quality and really long lasting.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeh the one beside IKEA is finished alright but obviously not open at the moment.
Will take a look when it opens again, thanks a mil