Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Mar 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cardiffmum
I have Ears

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
That's a opinion not a fact. You're asking for information that no one can give.
LOL. I didn't ask for FACT anywhere, it's quite clear i'm wondering what other peoples thoughts are

Have a magical day!
cardiffmum is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shinealight
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
I really don't understand why people ask random people, on a board, with no inside knowledge of world governments, when mask/restrictions will be lifted.?

If Joe Bloggs from surrey says May 31st, would you take his answer as gospel?

No. So why ask?
Very constructive and so welcoming to a new member. Well done.

OP, I don't know what the situation will be but for what it's worth I still think (personal opinion) that masks will be required until at least 2022 and I have cancelled our holiday based on this assumption as I can't for the life of me imagine wearing a face mask all day in that heat, I have enough trouble whizzing around the supermarket for ten minutes with one on!
Shinealight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cardiffmum
I have Ears

Originally Posted by Shinealight View Post
Very constructive and so welcoming to a new member. Well done.

OP, I don't know what the situation will be but for what it's worth I still think (personal opinion) that masks will be required until at least 2022 and I have cancelled our holiday based on this assumption as I can't for the life of me imagine wearing a face mask all day in that heat, I have enough trouble whizzing around the supermarket for ten minutes with one on!

thank you! As I said I know it's an impossible question really, but just keen to hear peoples thoughts/predictions, I will literally speculate/talk about Disney World all day long so assumed this was a safe space without snarky comments
cardiffmum is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cardiffmum View Post
thank you! As I said I know it's an impossible question really, but just keen to hear peoples thoughts/predictions, I will literally speculate/talk about Disney World all day long so assumed this was a safe space without snarky comments
Welcome to the forum, you've definately come to the right place to chat Disney all day long
You will always get some people who are snarky than others and it's best just to move on from those comments. I love giving my opinion but always make sure it us just my own opinion
The majority of posters on here are far more welcoming.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cardiffmum
I have Ears

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Welcome to the forum, you've definately come to the right place to chat Disney all day long
You will always get some people who are snarky than others and it's best just to move on from those comments. I love giving my opinion but always make sure it us just my own opinion
The majority of posters on here are far more welcoming.
thank you

I guess i'm putting out out what I HOPE to happen, I'm desperate to get back to the Magic and Halloween season is our favourite, would hate to have to postpone another whole year, but I know this is a possibility if there is no leeway with masks by October
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cardiffmum View Post
thank you

I guess i'm putting out out what I HOPE to happen, I'm desperate to get back to the Magic and Halloween season is our favourite, would hate to have to postpone another whole year, but I know this is a possibility if there is no leeway with masks by October
Fingers crossed we hear soonish that we can travel to our happy place. Would you have to postpone for a whole year? I love Hallowean but haven't done the Christmas season so that's our plan. If we can't go we will push it to March or April. Luckily we aren't tied to when we go and would rather travel when children are in school.
Good luck and hopefully you find the patience to wait it out a bit longer.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cardiffmum
I have Ears

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Fingers crossed we hear soonish that we can travel to our happy place. Would you have to postpone for a whole year? I love Hallowean but haven't done the Christmas season so that's our plan. If we can't go we will push it to March or April. Luckily we aren't tied to when we go and would rather travel when children are in school.
Good luck and hopefully you find the patience to wait it out a bit longer.
hmm yeah, there is a big group of us and some people suggested moving it to early 2022, part of me would rather do that because it's sooner, and part of me would want to wait until Oct 2022 purely because I love Halloween season! Patience is not my strong point! I hope by July/August we may know a bit better whats looking likely/not likely
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Hi and welcome 👋
We are booked for October and I’m hoping mask wearing will be relaxed and just required for indoor use. Personally I think this will be the case. When the number of new infections gets really low it will be difficult to convince the the general public that masks are still needed all the time and I think Disney will see this. I’m an optimistic person though although someone will probably call me delusional 😉😃
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cardiffmum
I have Ears

Originally Posted by vegboatride View Post
Hi and welcome 👋
We are booked for October and I’m hoping mask wearing will be relaxed and just required for indoor use. Personally I think this will be the case. When the number of new infections gets really low it will be difficult to convince the the general public that masks are still needed all the time and I think Disney will see this. I’m an optimistic person though although someone will probably call me delusional 😉😃
yep that what i'm hoping! I really wouldn't mind in indoor areas (they're always air conditioned!) but outside all day just is too much for us/my children. I'm a natural planner and I want to start planning but also don't want to be delusional, so it's nice to hear people have similar thoughts/hopes/dreams about what may/may not happen
Old 5 Mar 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Opinion: Masks will be a thing in October at WDW.
Hope: They won’t be.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List