Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Mar 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We always share a starter and a desert we just ask for extra spoons for dessert or to have it take out and share a starter some of the starter platters and dips are more than enough for 4
Publix subs they normally do a sub of the day set choice but with fruit crisps etc is more than enough for 4 as lunch or for 2 in the evening or you can have subs made up very cheaply in our local store they will even make a 12 inch sub as one but half and half fillings
If you don’t want to cook Walmart Publix all do hot full chicken , chicken strips , mac and cheese , meatballs and spaghetti to take out best to go between 4/6 for that and avoid Fridays the question can be horrendous
We often just order a couple of meals to take out in loads of restaurants and have salad and veg at the villa to bulk them out
Or we might buy the micro wrapped potatoes or sweet potato and have them with fillings
Takes 10 mins and great by the pool at night if everyone just wants to chill
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We always share a starter and a desert we just ask for extra spoons for dessert or to have it take out and share a starter some of the starter platters and dips are more than enough for 4
Publix subs they normally do a sub of the day set choice but with fruit crisps etc is more than enough for 4 as lunch or for 2 in the evening or you can have subs made up very cheaply in our local store they will even make a 12 inch sub as one but half and half fillings
If you don’t want to cook Walmart Publix all do hot full chicken , chicken strips , mac and cheese , meatballs and spaghetti to take out best to go between 4/6 for that and avoid Fridays the question can be horrendous
We often just order a couple of meals to take out in loads of restaurants and have salad and veg at the villa to bulk them out
Or we might buy the micro wrapped potatoes or sweet potato and have them with fillings
Takes 10 mins and great by the pool at night if everyone just wants to chill
Helen

A shout out for Boar's Head cooked meats from Publix and the way they offer you a slice as a taster before you buy.

At the minute though we're looking ahead to Thanksgiving dinner at Bob Evans at Posner.

Mick
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yep Mick they as do Winne Dixie offer you a taste same+with cheese
Both or Gds got fly to this and the cookie or doughnut tasting they both knew what they liked and asked to taste it first every trip to the supermarket by the end of the 3 weeks the deli / bakery staff saw them in line and just gave them their favorite the ones the deli staff thought was amazing was the sea food salad olives and whole pickles
Both of them could live on those and doughnuts or sugar cookies with the odd bit of water melon apple peaches or grapes thrown in and all covere+in Ranch Dressing
Marie’s of course and lays Ridge Chips
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yep Mick they as do Winne Dixie offer you a taste same+with cheese
Both or Gds got fly to this and the cookie or doughnut tasting they both knew what they liked and asked to taste it first every trip to the supermarket by the end of the 3 weeks the deli / bakery staff saw them in line and just gave them their favorite the ones the deli staff thought was amazing was the sea food salad olives and whole pickles
Both of them could live on those and doughnuts or sugar cookies with the odd bit of water melon apple peaches or grapes thrown in and all covere+in Ranch Dressing
Marie’s of course and lays Ridge Chips
Joan's favourite lunch. Marie's chunky blue cheese dressing/dip with Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips.
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mick as you know Joan is a classy lady ( she puts the dressing in a bowl my lot justonly let.me buy the squeeze bottle and just squeeze it all over everything even the fruit apparently it’s amazing on strawberries? )
They have no shame
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Don’t forget if you are in Walmart to check their pizza, or cooked chicken , box of salad and crusty bread. Slightly cheaper meal if you have blown the budget eating out one evening. Also hotdogs, cheap and easy to prepare after a long day in the parks

Also check dollar tree (if there’s one near you) they have smaller bottles/jars of sauces etc.
We buy our toiletries, bin liners, toilet rolls etc from DT, cheaper than Walmart

Edited at 11:22 PM.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Noticed your next trip I’d definitely in a villa check the cupboards for things like slow cookers ( crock pot ) instant pots
I know ours in the villa are not only used by me but guests too as you can buy crock pot ready meals ie open the bag chuck it in switch on and leave for the day
If the rest are not adventurous many of the supermarkets do fresh steam / micro bags of meat and fish options you must pick your choice they make it up bag it and a few mins in the micro my favorite is salmon with dill butter mixed squash ( corgettes etc : )
And red skin potatoes wedges less than $6 and amazing DH likes the sea food medley
Scallops lump crab etc in garlic butter with veg and potatoes wedges
Less than 10 mins to get on the table and amazing
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Early bird/ kids eat free

Screenshotted this from someone else so thank you to who that was
Mannys Mon and Tue
Millers Tue
Denny’s Tue 4-10
Logan’s Roadhouse Wed
Applebee’s 99c Mon
Backyard burger Tuesday
Bob Evans Tue after 4
Buffalo Wild Wings Wednesday
Chick a fila Tue 5.30- 7.30
Dickeys Sunday
Steak and shake Saturday and Sunday
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Four of us too will be 11 and 8 when we go, my daughter eats very little but my son is a monster. I’m budgeting about $150 a day and if I go over I can pull back the next day kind of thing. Not including snacks in the parks because that could easily be another $50
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Sign up on resturant websites they very often send you coupons for free starter or dessert, Chilis offer 2 dine for $20 this includes 6oz steak, Applebys also do a 2 dine for, I think it is $25 but I'm sure someone will come along to correct me, lots of resturants do kids eat free, if you want a decent blow out Red Lobster have a 4 course set menu for $16.99 their unlimited free biscuits (warm cheese scones) are too die for, we normally ask for our desserts to go as there is so much food we take the desserts home for later.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List