Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Apr 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Heathrow PI hotels

Hi Guys Hope everyone is doing well.

Trying to stay positive for August but also thinking do we still want to go with so many what if scenario's

Anyway looking at booking the PI for the night before we fly from Heathrow. All the hotels in the area are showing as same distance and same price at moment.

We're flying from T5 so the obvious choice is that hotel but is it?
Are any hotels better than the others?
Getting to the terminal, are any easier than others?

Thanks in advance for any help and thoughts
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

We are also flying from Heathrow in Oct and wondered about staying at a nearby hotel the night before. I did do a bit of scanning and found good reviews for PI on Bath Road, close to the terminals, not too far from T5 either. They have decent size car park which is £10 for 24h, breakfast available too. I think purple parking or another company is next door so can use that service if you dont want to park in T5 long stay.

We live about 2h from Heathrow so we are just going to drive down to T5 in early morning (yawn), but i do love a good hotel stay before flying (which we always do for Gatwick!)

I'm keeping positive too and i believe you're game/set for the holiday in August - happy planning! xx

premierinn/gb/en/hot...bath-road.html

Edited at 07:45 AM.
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’re flying from T5 in December and have booked the PI at T5. It looks like they do bag drop day before, so will probably book the car into meet and greet, drop bags and go to hotel.

We’ve stayed at Bath Road before and it’s fine (although we always get in the wrong lane coming off the motorway and have to turn around).
Old 22 Apr 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Thx for replies guys.
We're having a mini bus down to PI so which one is best to get to T5 in three morning?

We assumed the T5 one but on map it's actually miles away lol and thought maybe others might have better options in the morning?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
T4 and use inter terminal transport?
Have done it previously and used the (then) free bus, or you can use the trains
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

T4 or T5 is probably best and use taxi or inter terminal transport to get to airport if T4.

Bath road is excellent and we have used many times. Mainly for T3 though. Have used it for T5 in the last but have used taxi and train to get there in morning. Stayed there as park in purple parking and flying back into T3 and like to be closer on return.

But if not parking, then I would go for T4 / T5. Probs T4.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We booked one on Bath Road, expect will park there and do meet and greet next day.

It was £35 per room, and £10 pp breakfast (kids free).

Fully refundable up to 28 days before.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I wouldn't stay in the PI around Heathrow, plenty of proper hotels that are really nice that you can stay in for just a couple of quid more.

Renaissance - usually £70
Sheraton - usually £68

Both near a good pub and a decent set of off-airport restaurants
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I wouldn't stay in the PI around Heathrow, plenty of proper hotels that are really nice that you can stay in for just a couple of quid more.

Renaissance - usually £70
Sheraton - usually £68

Both near a good pub and a decent set of off-airport restaurants
The thing is though...

1. The beds are of uniform and extremely good quality.

2. The buffet breakfast is extensive and good value.

3. The Bath Rd one is right next to purple parking and the people watching in the atrium.. fascinating.

4, and most importantly, when I cancelled March last year, I had 7 rooms booked, 2 in Salisbury, 2 in Chertsey, 2 at Bath Road and then a further 1 in Bath Rd.. all at base, non cancellable rate.
All Hotels contacted me, rather than the other way round and redeemed in full. That service is rather contrary to experiences of other chains during the pandemic.

Premier Inn is undoubtably a ‘proper’ hotel, with a ‘proper’ and very loyal fan base. For many, and it is not about pounds, they are very much a Hotel of choice. I have stayed in some poor Hilton’s, poor Sheraton’s and poor others (as well as good ones). I have never had a bad night at Premier Inn Bath Road and until such time as they do, they will retain my loyalty. To me, arriving at LHR Premier Inn and dumping the car is well and truly the beginning of the vacation, rather than simply a prelude.
I would not swap that first night for any other Hotel on the strip.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:11 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fair enough cfb.

I have spent well over 100 nights in my life in the Renaissance and can vouch that I've never had a bad nights sleep and the breakfast is awesome.

I've stayed at some less than good PI's in my time so I now stay only within the Marriott business (Marriott, Aloft, Renaissance, Sheraton) as I know what I'm getting there

And of course the Renaissance looks right out onto the runway - you can almost touch the planes
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List