Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 May 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shell22 View Post
My DD went in hospital for 7am on thursday for herplanned gallbladder op. At about 11am she was gowned and given pre meds. They had just come to collect her to take her down. They had to cancel as apparently an emergency came in. Its now booked for next Thursday, I know an emergency has to be dealt with but I did feel so sorry for my daughter
Aww bless you all, especially your daughter 🙏 hope everything goes ahead in Thursday 🤗

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
You have to wonder what will make them class you as an urgent case and I can only imagine how disappointed you are.
It seems all you can do at the moment is keep turning up to A&E every time you have an attack.
Take care xx
Exactly 😳 this is my 4th time presenting at A&E and I honestly think they just want to sicken you into not going back!

I was on my knees in A&E and nobody looked twice at me! People who were also waiting checked on me but nobody else did!

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Hope you get sorted soon,had mine out 13 years ago but still remember the awful pain.Had some complications and had to stay in for 4 days after,not ideal with a breastfed 3 month old!,keep going,i know its awful and i really hope you get your operation soon.I waited 3 months but i did get a last minute cancellation thank god!.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DUNXandWILL View Post
Exactly 😳 this is my 4th time presenting at A&E and I honestly think they just want to sicken you into not going back!

I was on my knees in A&E and nobody looked twice at me! People who were also waiting checked on me but nobody else did!
That’s awful but keep going back and hopefully someone will do something
Old 8 May 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Hope you get sorted soon,had mine out 13 years ago but still remember the awful pain.Had some complications and had to stay in for 4 days after,not ideal with a breastfed 3 month old!,keep going,i know its awful and i really hope you get your operation soon.I waited 3 months but i did get a last minute cancellation thank god!.
Glad to hear you got sorted out eventually 👌

Oh I won't give up, told them if they make me wait 18 months I'll attempt removing it myself 😳😂

Old 8 May 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
That’s awful but keep going back and hopefully someone will do something
It is awful, I hate to be ungrateful to the NHS but I can't keep going through this pain weekly, it's not just the effect on me... Its my kids as well, my DD is autistic and gets really stressed when she sees me unwell.

Old 8 May 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

How are you doing this evening? I hope you have had a pain free day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just caught up with this hope you have had a better day
You really are going to have to just keep presenting yourself at A&E
DIL was exactly the same she lived on grilled chicken white fish boiled potatoes veg and water and weak black tea
She ran to and back from work on her feet 12/14 hours a day as fit as a butchers dog
But it got to the stage what she could eat yesterday set her off tomorrow
She’s never looked back since surgery
Hope you get it sorted PDQ
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
How are you doing this evening? I hope you have had a pain free day.
Morning,

Sorry for the late reply, got out of hospital late last night and came home, showered and collapsed into bed. Pretty pain free but still tender St the epicentre of the pain so I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the week exercise and food wise.

Told to continue with pain meds and try my best to stay home and manage the pain myself 😳🤯

Only thing I can do is watch everything I eat and pray for an operation date 🙏 🙏 🙏

Old 9 May 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Just caught up with this hope you have had a better day
You really are going to have to just keep presenting yourself at A&E
DIL was exactly the same she lived on grilled chicken white fish boiled potatoes veg and water and weak black tea
She ran to and back from work on her feet 12/14 hours a day as fit as a butchers dog
But it got to the stage what she could eat yesterday set her off tomorrow
She’s never looked back since surgery
Hope you get it sorted PDQ
Hi Helen,

Home now and still feeling a bit tender but glad to be home, showered and had a full night's sleep in my own bed 🙏

I'm a bit similar to your DIL on Friday (the last flare up) in the morning I'd ran my best ever time on a 5k, cleaned the house, done 3 loads of washing and finished my ironing 💪🏃 was feeling great... Then this hit me like a train 😳

I'm going to have to be super careful from now on, I can't keep going through this, not only for my sake but the fear in our DD and DS's faces every time I leave is getting too much to bare 😢😔

I 🙏 I get an operation date soon.

D x