Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 May 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Redminnie
a Friend of the DIBB

Have you ever stayed here?

I've found good prices for both Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa and Bahama Bay Resort. Has anyone ever stayed here, what are they like? Reviews for Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa are bad so just wanted some opinions, thanks.
Redminnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I have never stayed there but I have used the spa at Bahama Bay a few times which is very good.. Obviously we haven't seen it all but reception, bar and pool area are lovely.

Edited at 12:58 PM.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I really like the laid back atmosphere of Bahama Bay. Much more laid out and lower rise. More tropical in feel, has mini beach. Excellent club house and facilities. Good for kids I think.

Lbvrs big big rooms (suites), high rise. Smallish but popular pool with pirate ship. Has wow factor. But actually can limit the actual swimming bit.

Could poss live in lbwrs without car, does have park transports but it is pre-book the night before. Read reviews on timings and costs etc. Small shop and bar on site. Looks like close to Walmart but I wouldn't walk it as doesn't have walkways along busy dual carriageway.

Bahama Bay. Poss could be done by Uber, but significantly better with a car. Just close to Berry town center with Applebee's, publix and great Chinese. Close to cagans crossing and reasonable distance to four corners for restaurants etc. But car really needed in my view.

If you want to do it without car, then LBRVS best option. But if you are going to have a car would do Bahama Bay every time.

(NB it is a good few years since I have stayed in either, but location won't have changed!)

Edited at 07:20 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We’ve stayed in LBV resort a few times in a friends condo it’s in one of the small blocks beside the small pool so it’s not typical of some of the other condos in the big blocks
It’s lovely and very quiet that side
There is a small convenience store ,pizza take out and Frankie Farrell bar / restaurant
Small shopping outlet next door and a Publix supermarket which is walkable just
DH is actually staying there again in March with friends for a golf event as we have snowbirds in he’s even fussier than me about where he stays at times
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Redminnie
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks, we will have a car. I did think Bahama Bay looked a bit out of the way but the reviews for LBVRS are putting me off there so might go with Bahama bay.
Redminnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Never been to that resort but stayed at Marriott village LBV every year for about 15 years. This year will be the first time not staying there (if we get to go). Love the area and love that hotel complex
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Stayed at BB twice and would def go back again
We stay there if we want to keep costs down and if dd comes with us as they have 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
Old 10 May 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Stayed at LBV resort and spa 3 times and have a trip booked for March, very good place to stay, everything you need and very spacious.
I need to see what the reviews are saying, off to Google.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

We stayed at Bahama Bay 6 times of times and in the main we have been happy there. There are no lifts in any of the blocks so if you are on the top floor you will be carrying the cases. Bahama Bay is 30 minutes from Disney Springs so I don't understand about it being "a bit out of the way". There are a number of routes into and out of Disney but if you choose a route using the 192 during the rush hour then it could be a bit longer.
Old 10 May 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Redminnie
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks, let me know what you think of the reviews