Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 May 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
My best guess (& it is a guess) is that the NHS fee is subsidised so has to meet criteria and this is classed maybe as a cosmetic need than 100% necessary. Perhaps his reasoning when he said he can’t do it on the NHS was he just grappled for a reason.
Perfectly correct explanation.
If you could run to it then implants are well worth the money but as long as your teeth either side are sound a bridge should be perfectly ok.
Old 9 May 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PENELOPE
Imagineer

I was told in 2006 that I couldn't have a bridge as it wouldn't work for me. 2 plates later and an attempt at an implant I moved dentist and got a bridge on the NHS in 2008. I was told that there was a chance that it might come away but 13 years later and it is still sat there well and truely fixed. If I was you I would look at getting a new NHS dentist who doesn't try and rip you off.
PENELOPE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
I won't go into it 🙈 but when I was a teen I had two teeth knocked out.

I don't know who this shark is but I've basically got my front and the two next to that, then two gaps and a back tooth.

You can't tell when I smile front on but you can from the side, anyway finally booked a dentist app for today

He tells me he wouldn't fit a bridge as it would mean damaging the two teeth there to fit it, he says he can give me a great guy to do an implant but looking at £3,500-£4000

After back and forth chat he then says he could do a bridge privately.

I know I should have asked while I was there but I just get a bit overwhelmed

So now I'm confused, why is a bridge not doable on NHS payment (£300 ish) but it's okay to be done private (£1000)
What is a bridge? I have 1 tooth on a plate thing - is that not a bridge? Mine is the fang at the left.
One dentist was going to do some kind of false tooth attached by a little bracket to the back of the teeth on either side - but she left and my current dentist wouldn’t do it. He said too much pressure on the teeth either side. He also suggested an implant but a) the cost and b) am terrified!
I hate my falsie and the one good thing about this last year is I haven’t worn it!
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
A bridge is where you have had a tooth removed so there is a gap. They 'strip' down the teeth each side of the gap and glue on a Lab made bridge that grips on the two remaining teeth and spans the gap.

A good one I defy anybody to even tell it's there.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
A bridge is where you have had a tooth removed so there is a gap. They 'strip' down the teeth each side of the gap and glue on a Lab made bridge that grips on the two remaining teeth and spans the gap.

A good one I defy anybody to even tell it's there.

They couldn’t do this with mine - said teeth either side werent strong enough. They were going to do one which has little wings but this dentist said that also not possible.
At some point I am going to go back and ask for new plate as this one was rubbing on my gums I asked her to adjust slightly and now it is too lose, can’t use without that seal stuff and I can’t eat with it in at all.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List