Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile Small gift token of appreciation help required please

I have unfortunately been off work for the past 10 weeks with severe depression and anxiety it has been a long haul including withdrawal from one type of medication be put onto a new medication which fingers crossed now appears to be working well.
I'm looking to return to work this weekend with support.
Throughout this very difficult period my line manager who has only been with my store since last February has been an absolute Rock and has gone above and beyond what he needs to do keeping in touch with me privately and supporting me throughout my welfare meetings with work, with messages of support and encouragement and just generally being there in my darkest times.
I would love to get him a small gift as a token of appreciation but certainly don't want to embarrass him any ideas of what I could do, I don't know a lot about him personal wise but no he has a beloved Chihuahua your help would be appreciated thank you
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Personally given its going to be a small token the more personal the better. Equally as you don't really know him then it will be difficult to make it personal to him. Therefore I would go for more personal from you. Just a simple card saying thanks for your help.

Nothing over the top. Getting a thankyou to my mind is far better than a gift.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Depending on how much you want to spend, I would either just get a card or maybe Costa vouchers?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Depending on how much you want to spend, I would either just get a card or maybe Costa vouchers?
It's a good idea, so long as the store that disneyali and the boss work in isn't a Starbucks!
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

A nice bottle of wine
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I think a Thank You card with a hand written message would be more appropriate. Buying gifts may cause embarrassment (it would have for me to receive them for “just doing my job”) it a card is a sweet touch
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We all have different views I know.

To me a gift is not necessary and if I was to be the recipient I would much prefer a hand written Card with a personal message - not some mass produced message.

5 or 6 lines expressing your gratitude for somebody who has gone above and beyond the norm. Job done.

Edit. And MF thinks like me but types faster!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I think a card only too would be appropriate in this situation.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We all have different views I know.

To me a gift is not necessary and if I was to be the recipient I would much prefer a hand written Card with a personal message - not some mass produced message.

5 or 6 lines expressing your gratitude for somebody who has gone above and beyond the norm. Job done.

Edit. And MF thinks like me but types faster!
I guess you are right, it does seem wrong to give a present just because someone did their job really well. It's nice to be recognised though, so a card or letter would be a great touch.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I have to agree with other Dibbers. A nice card with your own handwritten words of how grateful you have been for all his help, would be really nice gesture.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List