Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Jun 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
The Durrigan's
VIP Dibber

We're going to PortAventura

We're off to PortAventura on the 4th of July, we're staying in the El Paso Hotel which gives us unlimited access to PortAventura World and a one day ticket to Ferrari Land ...we are all really looking forward to going.

We have never been before so if any of you lovely folk have been I'd like to hear about it please and if you have any do's or don't, words of wisdom, things to do etc...I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Southern Dunes 1997, Rodeway Inn on I-Drive 1999, Rosen Plaza on I-Drive 2003, Tivoli Manor 2007, Windsor Hills Resort 2008, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2009, Espirit 2010, Highlands Reserve 2013, Dibb Villa Lindfields 2015, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2018, Dibb Condo Bahama Bay Resort + Disney Swan 2019
The Durrigan's is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ive just booked salou today for mid july, staying at avenida suites so excited! Havent been for a few years to port Aventura and cant wait to see Ferrari land.
Old 23 Jun 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi
We haved stayed at El Paso twice now, nice hotel perfect for the park and waterpark. Bit disappointed last time as new rule was no balls/inflatables in the pool. Also you can't wear sunglasses in the pool without wrap around band. Did annoy us a bit if your days are at the pool and can't kids can't play x
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have booked for July too, staying at Avenida Suites. Been a long time since we've been to Salou

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Staying at the hotels you can get a special deal on express passes. For around £56 each you can get an unlimited wristband that gives you unlimited express for your full stay. On our previous trips (which have been in both June &a July) has been the best money we have spent. The park don't have the best operations which can lead to lengthy queues. Normally find the big rides 2 hours plus, with the express pass you virtually walk straight onto the ride.

The park is now open until midnight every night, we find it best to visit in the evening, we would spend the day by the pool and beach and then head to the park late afternoon and spend the evening there, park isn't as busy and isn't as hot!

There are a lot of great shows in the park as well which are well worth watching.

Edited at 08:35 PM.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

We love portaventura, have been for the past 5 years. We go in October so not busy and no need for express passes.
The park is huge so be ready for lots of walking! Our favourite ride is tutuki splash.
If you want to explore, use the bus plana. Buy one card from the kiosks they have around Salou and top up, you have to buy trips of 10, but you use the one card for everyone's journey, just swipe the card for each member of your party, it's the same price whatever journey.
Tarragona is lovely, and you can use the card to get there, also la Pineda and Cambrils.
Bus plana also have trips to Barcelona.
The tourist train will take you around Salou, you can get that and the bus from just outside the park.
Never stayed onsite, so can't advise about the hotel but Salou has a lovely beach.
We re not going this year as Dd, 16 has asked for a year off, but hopefully will return next October.
Have a great time.

Edited at 10:54 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsG26
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
We love portaventura, have been for the past 5 years. We go in October so not busy and no need for express passes.
The park is huge so be ready for lots of walking! Our favourite ride is tutuki splash.
If you want to explore, use the bus plana. Buy one card from the kiosks they have around Salou and top up, you have to buy trips of 10, but you use the one card for everyone's journey, just swipe the card for each member of your party, it's the same price whatever journey.
Tarragona is lovely, and you can use the card to get there, also la Pineda and Cambrils.
Bus plana also have trips to Barcelona.
The tourist train will take you around Salou, you can get that and the bus from just outside the park.
Never stayed onsite, so can't advise about the hotel but Salou has a lovely beach.
We re not going this year as Dd, 16 has asked for a year off, but hopefully will return next October.
Have a great time.
Can I ask what the weather is usually like in October? Looking for somewhere to go for the october school break. thanks.
Dec 09/10: Xmas & New Year in Australia. 2010: La Croix Du Vieux Pont, Paris. 2011: Barbados, Duinrell & La Croix Du Vieux Pont 2012: Bella Italia, Lake Garda 2013: Tenerife 2014: Dubai, Benidorm 2015: New York , Orlando 2016: Tenerife, DLP 2017: Tenerife, Olu Deniz, Benalmadena 2018: Berlin, Tenerife, Dubai
MrsG26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

My DD 14 and I did a week at Port Aventura and then Disney Med cruise in 2015. Trip report in my signature.
Any specific questions please ask!
Gillian

edited to add -if Harriet hadn't had arm in sling we would have definitely got the express pass so could do the larger coasters - see report for more detail!

Edited at 08:22 PM.
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsG26 View Post
Can I ask what the weather is usually like in October? Looking for somewhere to go for the october school break. thanks.
We have always had good weather, once we had rain overnight, but soon cleared up. More like a warm spring day rather than boiling hot.
the pools are freezing though, but dd didnt mind when she was younger.
The portaventura water park isnt open in October, but the water rides are, and they are a walk on.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

It's a couple of years since we last went but I really like it! Love the theming and the weather mainly!

I would recommend trying the tapas restaurant 'Vinosfera' by Furious Baco. You actually exit the ride by coming out into the wine shop and the restaurant is to your left. The food was delicious and nice to sit and have a glass of wine in the park too! I was there with work and they covered the cost so no idea of price but the chocolate truffles they served with coffee after the meal were the best I have ever had!

If I remember right El Paso is the all inclusive hotel? which means you can eat in the park in certain places? the mexican cantina is nice and we have also eaten at the chinese counter service type place too.

The shows are good, better than I thought they would be and ideal for getting out of the sun and cooling off a bit! Particularly enjoyed the show in Polynesia but don't sit near the front unless you want to join in!
Maggi68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List