Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Mar 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

The Grove Resort

Hi,

As we were so unhappy last year staying at the usual place that we stay, we spent a lot of our time looking elsewhere for our 2018 trip.
Friends recommended the new Grove Resort to us, so one day we took a drive over and got given a tour.
We loved it so much that we came home and booked it for our Summer trip this year.

I've been asked about it quite a bit and although I didn't vlog the trip there, I did do a few videos for our own personal use. I've just put the videos together as I've been asked alot, like I said.
So if anyone is wondering about the place,
. I hope it's useful.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loobey73
Gone all Goofy

My friends are staying out here the same time as us ( we are in a villa). I will show them this it looks great thanks for sharing
loobey73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh this is brilliant thanks we are seriously considering this place for next year... we’ve been onsite the last 3 times and we need a big change this time see different things, discover new restaurants and more relaxing/pool time! Do you mind me asking what you were unhappy with in your previous accommodation and what about the grove that impressed you so much? My hubby likes a ‘nice’ hotel/apartment he works really hard and rightly so likes a bit of luxury and chilling out on holidays... he loved RPR at Universal in October but wasn’t fussed with OKW... getting the accommodation right this time could guarantee me future trips so I’m doing my research! Haha
Old 4 Mar 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loobey73 View Post
My friends are staying out here the same time as us ( we are in a villa). I will show them this it looks great thanks for sharing
Thanks. I hope you all have a great time

@adeandlisadodisney

miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

This was my post when we came back about the usual place we stayed.
It has all the details.
I was so upset, which is why we spent any down time whilst we were out there trying to find somewhere for this trip as we already had flights booked.

We loved RPR too. We started out trip there.
What did you not like about OKW?
We've never been before, but recently watched a vlog around the place and thought it looked lovely.
Our first onsite stay was also during our trip last year. 6 nights at Beach Club. We've really set the bar high for ourselves now

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 4 Mar 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

The Grove looks lovely. Any idea when it will be complete and building work stopped?
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
This was my post when we came back about the usual place we stayed.
It has all the details.
I was so upset, which is why we spent any down time whilst we were out there trying to find somewhere for this trip as we already had flights booked.

We loved RPR too. We started out trip there.
What did you not like about OKW?
We've never been before, but recently watched a vlog around the place and thought it looked lovely.
Our first onsite stay was also during our trip last year. 6 nights at Beach Club. We've really set the bar high for ourselves now
Ah yes I remember reading your report I felt really gutted for you at the time, our thoughts on OKW were really around comparing it to other resorts going there from the fab room and pool at RPR the accommodation just looked dated and a bit shabby as did the pool area and the QS options (which we knew was not great) was worse than we imagined 😬 we’d stayed at SSR on our previous visit and we both much preferred SSR although the 2 bed apartment we had at OKW was very spacious and met the requirements of our party of 7. Yep you’ve definately set the bar high with a first onsite stay at Beach Club I bet that was lovely? It’ll need to be the Poly or GF next for you guys 😂😂
Old 4 Mar 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Thanks so much for this
We have booked The Grove this year and cannot wait, we went back and forward with so many choices but in the end we went for the Grove
We just felt it was what we were looking for around space, cleanliness facilities etc
So thanks so much for posting this :-)
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at the grove last August and whilst the restaurant and water park were not open it was still a fab resort. We wouldn’t hesitate to book again 😀
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
Hi,

As we were so unhappy last year staying at the usual place that we stay, we spent a lot of our time looking elsewhere for our 2018 trip.
Friends recommended the new Grove Resort to us, so one day we took a drive over and got given a tour.
We loved it so much that we came home and booked it for our Summer trip this year.

I've been asked about it quite a bit and although I didn't vlog the trip there, I did do a few videos for our own personal use. I've just put the videos together as I've been asked alot, like I said.
So if anyone is wondering about the place,
. I hope it's useful.
Thanks so much for this Lisa
After much going back and forward we have booked for June this year
Like you I’ve been getting disappointed in what we were paying for and enjoying in the past only to feel it wasn’t up to standard and left feeling disappointed
Looked at lots of places this year, but many with so many mixed or disappointing reviews and pics, so really pleased to have seen your post
June
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List