Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Feb 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ChibiKate
First POST

February or September?

My husband and I are starting to plan a trip. But aren't sure which month to choose. We've been in September/October before but never in February. Which would you recommend? TIA.
ChibiKate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Hi we usually go in February due to school holidays. The parks are generally on the quite side except for president’s day weekend. They weather suits us not too hot, but hot enough in the afternoons to go swimming. You might need a hoodie/ cardigan for early mornings and evenings. We’ve also been in late October which is generally hotter but lovely with all the Halloween decorations. Have fun planning.
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Oh and welcome to the DIBB 👋
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChibiKate View Post
My husband and I are starting to plan a trip. But aren't sure which month to choose. We've been in September/October before but never in February. Which would you recommend? TIA.
I went in both February and September 2019.

I preferred the weather in February, it was nice and warm compared to very hot and humid in September.

But crowd levels were much better in September, we got loads done. Whereas in February we struggled to do much more than the first three pre booked fast passes as there were rarely any available on the day and we are not into queuing for hours on end.

I have booked September for this year, but I would hesitate over February.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Personally, if I had the choice I'd probably choose February - especially if you can avoid Presidents Day weekend. The weather is nice (not as hot, humid and prone to storms as September) and the crowd levels aren't too bad, except for the aforementioned Presidents Day weekend.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo: "expect" should say "except"
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Personally, if I had the choice I'd probably choose February - especially if you can avoid Presidents Day weekend. The weather is nice (not as hot, humid and prone to storms as September) and the crowd levels aren't too bad, expect for the aforementioned Presidents Day weekend.
It is possible though to go during Presidents Weekend and it not be an issue!
We were there last year and the Friday of Presidents Weekend we did MK - and it wasn’t too bad for crowds. This happened by accident as I’d managed to book a slot for lunch at Be Our Guest for that day before I realised it was Presidents Weekend so we went with it. When we first booked our fastpasses we couldn’t get anything until the afternoon, but we did pick up a few others after we’d used our first three (on the day) There were big queues for some of the rides, but not all and we managed a full day in the park without queueing for anything over an hour (our queue limit). But we didn’t have little ones (kids were 11 and 15) so we weren’t really interested in many of the little rides with big queues. We did do Peter Pan and It’s A Small World on fastpasses so that was good.
The Saturday of Presidents Day we had a non-park day and resort hopped! We had an hour at Disney Springs then had brunch at Ohana at the Polynesian and then we did a selection of monorail or boat to other resorts. On the Sunday we did Animal Kingdom and again queues weren’t bad - except for Flight of Passage but we just joined that queue at the end of the day and it was fine.
The weather is lovely in February (we had one cold day) and we actually only needed hoodies one morning as it was really pleasant and warm into the evening.

Edited at 03:41 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We were not there Presidents Day, we were there from about the 3rd and it was really busy. Although for perspective we never go summer, Easter or Christmas so are not used to very large crowds.

Edited at 03:44 PM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We were not there Presidents Day, we were there from about the 3rd and it was really busy. Although for perspective we never go summer, Easter or Christmas so are not used to very large crowds.
Whereas I’d not been before so to my eyes it didn’t seem busy but it probably was conpared to other times 😂
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
It is possible though to go during Presidents Weekend and it not be an issue!
We were there last year and the Friday of Presidents Weekend we did MK - and it wasn’t too bad for crowds. This happened by accident as I’d managed to book a slot for lunch at Be Our Guest for that day before I realised it was Presidents Weekend so we went with it. When we first booked our fastpasses we couldn’t get anything until the afternoon, but we did pick up a few others after we’d used our first three (on the day) There were big queues for some of the rides, but not all and we managed a full day in the park without queueing for anything over an hour (our queue limit). But we didn’t have little ones (kids were 11 and 15) so we weren’t really interested in many of the little rides with big queues. We did do Peter Pan and It’s A Small World on fastpasses so that was good.
The Saturday of Presidents Day we had a non-park day and resort hopped! We had an hour at Disney Springs then had brunch at Ohana at the Polynesian and then we did a selection of monorail or boat to other resorts. On the Sunday we did Animal Kingdom and again queues weren’t bad - except for Flight of Passage but we just joined that queue at the end of the day and it was fine.
The weather is lovely in February (we had one cold day) and we actually only needed hoodies one morning as it was really pleasant and warm into the evening.
Oh, I agree it doesn't mean it's definitely going to be an issue. There are plenty of people who have a great time at Christmas or Easter as well, and Presidents Day weekend is not as busy as those.

However, usually and relatively-speaking, it does tend to get a little busier during Presidents Day weekend. It's a bit like a Bank Holiday here in the UK - places like theme parks will tend to be busier.

I remember being at AK on the Sunday of Presidents Day weekend and it was crazy busy in the afternoon - or at least it seemed to be compared to the rest of the holiday.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:29 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I prefer September to February, less chance of needing a sweatshirt in the morning or evening. I prefer the heat with the chance of rain.