Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Booked :)

Booked for Feb Half Term 2022!

Really good flight prices from Virgin tempted me to pull the trigger and really hoping we have some sort of normal back by then. Virgin flexible rebooking also lets me book with piece of mind.

2 Adults 2 Kids

Was £1872 for Economy and £2302 for Economy Delight. Extra leg room on such long flights can only be a good thing.

Went for Economy Delight.

I think I got a good deal ? Thoughts ?

When I went Feb 2020 it cost me alone £600 for economy with Air Zealand

Edited at 01:04 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yay! Sounds like a good price to me!
What are your plans?
Old 1 Apr 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Booked for Feb Half Term 2022!

Really good flight prices from Virgin tempted me to pull the trigger and really hoping we have some sort of normal back by then. Virgin flexible rebooking also lets me book with piece of mind.

2 Adults 2 Kids

Was £1872 for Economy and £2302 for Economy Delight. Extra leg room on such long flights can only be a good thing.

Went for Economy Delight.

I think I got a good deal ? Thoughts ?

When I went Feb 2020 it cost me alone £600 for economy with Air Zealand
We're looking at going the exact same time in 2023 and I having been monitoring the prices to see what their going for this time a year. I think the Virgin deal is very good.

I just hope they stay like that for another 12 months.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
Yay! Sounds like a good price to me!
What are your plans?
It was my 40th in Feb 2021 and I got a pass out to do Santa Monica / Magic Mountain / LA / Disneyland.

I really enjoyed it and I am aiming at repeating it with the wife and girls (11/7). More time at Disneyland and skipping Magic Mountain.

Its my wifes 40th in 2021 so doing this in 2022 has a late celebration. Would prefer 2021 but its too risky.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
We're looking at going the exact same time in 2023 and I having been monitoring the prices to see what their going for this time a year. I think the Virgin deal is very good.

I just hope they stay like that for another 12 months.
Be interesting to see. I think 2022 is going to be expensive due to the pent up demand and number of people with vouchers.

I think the key to beating the future price issues is too book early. Its genuinely a good strategy for transatlantic.

Come 2023 I am thinking a more normal price will be back. The price I got in 2021 was the cheapest back then. So budget on around £600 per person I would say. Good luck.

Edited at 11:17 PM.
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think the prices are roughly where I would expect them to be. Our into SFO and out of Las Vegas in August of this year are BA, £517pp with hold baggage etc. 2 exit row seats at the air bridge door were £90 each and the ones behind, £50 each in addition.

The reason I would elevate your deal to potentially excellent is that once their is certainty in the market, prices will probably go through the roof due to pent up demand and also airlines trying to negate the value of vouchers held by thousands of people who are in a ‘use it or lose it’ situation.. and you will have beaten the rush by showing faith early on.

Edited at 07:28 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I think the prices are roughly where I would expect them to be. Our into SFO and out of Las Vegas in August of this year are BA, £517pp with hold baggage etc. 2 exit row seats at the air bridge door were £90 each and the ones behind, £50 each in addition.

The reason I would elevate your deal to potentially excellent is that once their is certainty in the market, prices will probably go through the roof due to pent up demand and also airlines trying to negate the value of vouchers held by thousands of people who are in a ‘use it or lose it’ situation.. and you will have beaten the rush by showing faith early on.
It certainly played into my calculation. I said the wife I doubt the price ever be lower so locked in