Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Apr 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If we miss the May point extension deadline date

we have a July booking using Dec 2019 banked points if we dont hear this monday from the government what is happening and it drags on into May / June and we cancel beginning of June I dont know what will happen to these Dec 2019 points

do we automatically loose them or do they expire this december

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
we have a July booking using Dec 2019 banked points if we dont hear this monday from the government what is happening and it drags on into May / June and we cancel beginning of June I dont know what will happen to these Dec 2019 points

do we automatically loose them or do they expire this december
If you cancel more than 30 days out you will I assume be able to use or rent them to end of November.
If you cancel less than 30 out they will be in holding until then meaning you can only book 30 days out with them.
So cancel 31 days plus.
Old 3 Apr 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If you cancel more than 30 days out you will I assume be able to use or rent them to end of November.
If you cancel less than 30 out they will be in holding until then meaning you can only book 30 days out with them.
So cancel 31 days plus.
thank you, YT. can I ask when you rented out did you do a contract, renting out is all so new to us

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If the points go into Hold Status you can book up to 60 days in advance.

Here are some guidelines regarding usage of Holding Account Vacation Points.

These Vacation Points can be used for a new Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation during your current Use Year as long as the reservation is booked 60 or less days before the new Check-In date.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 3 Apr 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
And sadly still need to be used by end of use year

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
I know Disney have said the borrowing policy will return to normal from 1st May, but if they implemented exemptions for international travellers who cannot travel, which we know they did recently, why would they withdraw that? The situation hasn’t changed.

I would be asking the question about the fairness of this policy if they withdraw it whilst the ability to enter the USA hasn’t changed.

I also haven’t seen anything which says this specific policy is being withdrawn.

I’d maybe call bang just before 2pm so you get through and ask.

If they do extend your points to May 22 could you use them, by then? If not they I suppose it doesn’t matter.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
I know Disney have said the borrowing policy will return to normal from 1st May, but if they implemented exemptions for international travellers who cannot travel, which we know they did recently, why would they withdraw that? The situation hasn’t changed.

I would be asking the question about the fairness of this policy if they withdraw it whilst the ability to enter the USA hasn’t changed.

I also haven’t seen anything which says this specific policy is being withdrawn.

I’d maybe call bang just before 2pm so you get through and ask.

If they do extend your points to May 22 could you use them, by then? If not they I suppose it doesn’t matter.
We unfortunately can’t Helen, our son is paralysed due to a rugby accident so we can only fly direct and flights from Glasgow only run in the summer months

Whole timing thing is stressing me out because it’s so many points to loose and the not knowing what to do or more know what to do but the deadlines don’t fall into place if tui cancel , think last year they cancelled second week of June for our July trip
That and all the 2021 park tickets we bought

Plus should we even be taking ds him being vulnerable albeit he had been vaccinated

Edited at 08:41 PM.
Old 3 Apr 21, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I really hope you can get to go but even if your points go into holding there's a good chance you'll be able to rent them all if your price is right.
I rented a few on fb last year and if my next trip gets cancelled I'll do the same again as it was quite straightforward.
I did use a rental agreement with a couple of renters but others were happy without as terms were explained by email/message.
I'm not sure the rental agreement would be legally binding but maybe gives people some sense of security.
Aren't Disney are issuing refunds on park tickets if you can't use them?

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
We unfortunately can’t Helen, our son is paralysed due to a rugby accident so we can only fly direct and flights from Glasgow only run in the summer months

Whole timing thing is stressing me out because it’s so many points to loose and the not knowing what to do or more know what to do but the deadlines don’t fall into place if tui cancel , think last year they cancelled second week of June for our July trip
That and all the 2021 park tickets we bought

Plus should we even be taking ds him being vulnerable albeit he had been vaccinated

It’s looking likely that we might be able to travel, albeit with some testing, if you aren’t confident then I would ask them if they extend further than May 2022, if they can’t then I suppose renting them is the option, it’s straightforward.

I would likely make the decision before the end of this month though, or if you don’t you still have to December to re t your points.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I also have 'banked' 2019 points-about 130/135 of them. which I've used to book for july 21.

I currently have confirmed bookings for July but the state of play iro vaccinations in ireland is not good and new travel restrictions are coming down the line, meaning unlikely i'll be able to use my points by 1st september expiry date because of continued travel ban/restrictions

so do i need to cancel the confirmed bookings in order to ask dvc to extend expiration to May 22 or beyond?

Or can I keep the bookings (just in case) and still get the extension?

Does that make sense!

Thanks

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List