Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Our first trip with Martha. Nov/Dec 2021

Hello Dibbers,

This trip might be a bit optimistic, but I'm feeling more confident by the day so I thought a pre trippie was in order.

Cast

Me - Abi, currently 35, will be 36 by travel day.
Husband Aaron, will still be 35 by travel day.
Daughter number 1 - Edith, currently 3, will be 4 by travel day.
Daughter number 2 - Martha, currently 6 months, will be 1 by travel day.
MIL - Laura, 56 at time of travel.

Here's a selection of recent photos.

The plan!

Like many other Dibbers we had to cancel Florida plans due to Covid and since then have been desperate to get another plan in place. I'm forever browsing prices and back in January I saw some really good fly-drive prices with BA. We thought there was a good chance flights may be resumed by the end of the year so we took the risk & booked.

A 13 night stay covering the end of November / beginning of December.

We paid £1793 for the 5 of us which includes direct flights LHR to MCO & a luxury 7 seater car. Absolute bargain! I've since checked the price and gone up by £1400

Next up was accommodation. Ideally we wanted to stay at the Blue Heron Beach Resort again. For us it's perfect, lovely large condos, great pool area and a 5 minute drive to Disney Springs. Unfortunately the prices were ridiculous so I had a look around.

Expedia came through for us and I secured the full stay at Caribe Cove resort. We have paid £970 for a 2 bed condo, which again seems a bargain as anywhere else I look the price is almost double. I got so many confirmation emails, some from Expedia, some from Vacasa and some from VRBO! They all seem to confirm the same though so hopefully its all go. It is on a cancellable rate, so If I see the Blue Heron come down in price, I will make a change.

Next up is a Premier inn for the night before we fly. I got their sale email offering £35 rooms so managed to secure 2 at the Bath road location where we have stayed before.

Car Parking next, again, prompted by an offer via email, we have booked Meet & Greet parking for 2 cars (too much of a squeeze to have Laura between the car seats). We each paid £72.

That's all that's booked for now.

I'll hold off booking anything like Disney tickets until much nearer the time. I'm not even sure we will visit at all if a lot of the restrictions are still in place. Disney without FP+ would be hard with 2 little ones.

I would like to do Universal this time if possible and we will also try and do MVMCP.

Ill update with any additional bookings .

Edited at 08:33 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Hi Abi
Plan sounds fab. Well you have two little cuties…bless them.
We have cancelled twice so are really excited for March to go ahead, our boys are bringing their GFs for their first visits…..so excited.
Hope that you are all keeping well, so nice to read your plans.x

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Ah fab! I love a pre trippie and it's been too long since we've seen any! Happy planning!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Well done on those prices Happy planning
Old 3 May 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

Great to see you are planning another trip, i love your trip reports. Look forward to seeing more...
Ilovedisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Exciting times 😊

Your girls are beautiful
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing, it’s making me more hopeful for summer, I hope we all get to go on our trips.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HakunaMatata
Helping Minnie

What a bargain! Hope the restrictions are lifted and you all manage to go. Can’t wait for the trip report!

Glenbrook villas 2009
Highgrove villas 2011
AKL and HRH 2019
Should have been AoA 2020
We're trying again...Highlands reserve villas 2022

HakunaMatata is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

It's great to be reading some pre-trippies again! How cute are your daughters! Look forward to reading along x

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Great that you have another trip planned Abi - great prices too.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List