Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Oct 18, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
If you want clarification on whether a visa is needed or not use the email link in this page.

cbp.gov/contact

My DH had a query as to whether he needed a visa or not (previously had one, was told numerous times by immigration it wasn’t needed) and they got back to him about 5 days later.

He applied for esta and it was fine.
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Having helped a friend with their visa application before my only guidance is... make a firm decision now whilst time is on your side.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

As someone mentioned before moral turpitude is no longer a question on the ESTA form. After reading the questions I think he'll be OK answering no but if you're really unsure start the visa application now whilst you have the time.
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Mobile

The first step is to apply for an ESTA and answer all questions truthfully. From the information you’ve given, you are answering “no” to all the questions.

If the ESTA is declined, apply for a VISA. I highly doubt it will be denied though.

So many people on here over think these questions and read into them, where it’s just a case of digesting each question and answering that question alone truthfully.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cantcook View Post
The first step is to apply for an ESTA and answer all questions truthfully. From the information you’ve given, you are answering “no” to all the questions.

If the ESTA is declined, apply for a VISA. I highly doubt it will be denied though.

So many people on here over think these questions and read into them, where it’s just a case of digesting each question and answering that question alone truthfully.
You are so right. It's "panic breeds panic". I did my first ever one last year and didn't know what all the fuss was about on here, still don't.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
You are so right. It's "panic breeds panic". I did my first ever one last year and didn't know what all the fuss was about on here, still don't.
There really is no fuss. They are very straightforward to complete. It is forums like this create the panic.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
There really is no fuss. They are very straightforward to complete. It is forums like this create the panic.
I agree they are very straight forward for most people but the OP is talking about someone with multiple convictions and jail time. I don't see how that can be described as straight forward.
Old 30 Oct 18, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

As others have said. Apply for ESTA in good time and answer the questions honestly. Don’t try to second guess what will happen.

You see it is $14 to get an esta but I’m pretty sure the transaction fee is cheaper if refused. But you will have a definite answer.

FWIW my husband went on a stag do to Vegas last year with a guy that a dui in the past who had an esta fine but. Fill the questions in honestly before starting to panic but do it soon as you will need time to get a visa if resfused.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

But it doesn’t matter what the situation is.
You read the question exactly as written ( don’t read anything else into it) and answer truthfully.
It’s that simple. Yes or No.
Debating it really won’t change the outcome it just adds to panic and confusion.
As others have said on here before, filling out an ESTA according to many on the Dibb comes second only the Apocolypse in terms of worry.
It’s not...it’s a simple form that you read carefully and answer truthfully.
Yes, some folks won’t be able to get one, but that’s the whole point of the form.

My opinion BTW. Others may disagree, which is fine, as that’s what forums are about, debate .

Edited at 03:57 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I agree they are very straight forward for most people but the OP is talking about someone with multiple convictions and jail time. I don't see how that can be described as straight forward.
It was a general point in response to another's post.
These threads do nothing but create panic.
The questions are not difficult. All the OP has to do is answer then honestly. If rejected, then they know they will have to apply for a visa. Better knowing this sooner than later.

Edited at 08:53 AM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List