Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lucky-lady View Post
Thank you again,on the return row 3 J+K is also available with row 4 J being an empty seat and row 4 k being taken?
I understand that 4K is unlikely to be open to passengers; this is generally blocked out as the rest/sleep seats for the captain & his co-pilot; we see each of them in this seat catching some sleep at some point on each flight we've taken.

Edited at 02:49 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I did a ‘hold’ booking on Friday morning for the ba flights - £6050 for four after the post on here said ba business both ways trumps va pe out/upper back. I though about this and decided I agreed. Also agree with the above post that it’s all about the space. For us the flat bed and leg room and the cabin with fewer people closely packed in is what we value most. I just don’t think va upper both ways is ever going to come down to a similar price. Unless a miracle happens with virgin in the next 48 hours, I think I will confirm the ba flights.
Appreciated others advice from here x
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

I enjoy the lounge before flying, the space in the seats, the lie flat bed and the service. it makes my holiday all the more special and I am thankful that we can do it for the family. looking forward to letting my mum have her first transatlantic experience at Christmas flying with us to Tampa. Very excited to get another Disney holiday even though we know it will be busy it is going to be more laid back.
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

A very helpful thread, thank you
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
English Tim
Excited about Disney

A couple of points.

We enjoy the champagne regardless of airline.

We were able to book our seats foc, as our TA had a special code.
Old 26 Oct 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by English Tim View Post
A couple of points.

We enjoy the champagne regardless of airline.

We were able to book our seats foc, as our TA had a special code.
Could I ask which TA you used please
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
English Tim
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Could I ask which TA you used please
Trailfinders

They’ve booked a few trips for me and have been meticulous in planning each one.
Old 28 Oct 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
I understand that 4K is unlikely to be open to passengers; this is generally blocked out as the rest/sleep seats for the captain & his co-pilot; we see each of them in this seat catching some sleep at some point on each flight we've taken.
That makes sense as our flights for next year (which we booked as they became available) have 4K blocked on all outbound and return flights.

4A/K are the best seats on the plane - 4A should allow slightly faster exit from the plane on arrival. I don't recall them blocking out the equivalent seats before reducing the overall size of the CW cabin as we were able to secure them a few times.

If you can't secure 4A/K then any window seat is my next choice; especially important on the return flight as it reduces your chance of being disturbed. Avoid 1B/D/G/J and 4B/D/G/J.

We always book Virgin UC if the price is comparable but that hasn't happened recently.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

You've made the right call, although BA Club World is showing it's age now especially compared to some of the other airlines it's still better than any premium economy product out there.
Lounge access is better than no lounge access & whatever people say about the layout of the CW cabin, it's all about the personal space & not having someone recline their seat into your space.
The food can be hit or miss but that's the same for any airline.
If you get a good crew then BA CW is still a great way to fly across the Atlantic.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I'm sure it's all down to timings but we've had good experiences with the BA business lounge at Heathrow in the past.

It's be the 1st time in CW flying long haul in April and we also got a VERY good price, I have a friend who's worked for BA for over 20 years who usually gets me good prices on her staff hotline, even she couldn't beat it and told me to snap it up.

Sadly she can't organise seat selection in advance either!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List