Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Aug 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

By the way I’m a regular onsite guest and feel sorry for people who are making a once in a lifetime visit and can’t get to ride the best attractions. The original system was much fairer to everyone
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Totally agree with the op. They have paid the same price to get into the parks as people who stay onsite.
Some fast passes should be saved for the 30 day window I don’t see the problem. Staying onsite already gets you the benefit of early park entry and in some cases free dining. I hate the way people on this site get all protective and selfish when they are staying onsite. Some feel they are above everyone else and should be entitled to everything and sod the rest
again how could you do this as someones 30 days is someones 60 days?

people who stay onsite pay a lot more for accommodation that offside & 60 days is a perk/encouragement to stay iun the bubble & spend more $$

im not onsite ever but dont see those who are as selfish they've paid a fortune for the privilege of 60 days

fwiw surely no one really gets "free" dining? the hotels are just priced high(er) without dining to make the free dining look more attractive?... ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

By the way I’m a regular onsite guest and feel sorry for people who are making a once in a lifetime visit and can’t get to ride the best attractions. The original system was much fairer to everyone
they can rope/drop Q? its not that hard... we have done it... as have the majority of park visitors
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
they can rope/drop Q? its not that hard... we have done it... as have the majority of park visitors
As did people who stayed onsite a few years back. This system is only relatively new and when Disney decide to start charging for fast passes they will have to once again. All the op was asking for is a fair crack of the whip for paying exactly the same for park entry as someone staying on site. Next time I’m asked for feedback by Disney I’m going to suggest 50% to online guests and 50% to offsite guests. Now that’s fair in my book.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

As did people who stayed onsite a few years back. This system is only relatively new and when Disney decide to start charging for fast passes they will have to once again. All the op was asking for is a fair crack of the whip for paying exactly the same for park entry as someone staying on site. Next time I’m asked for feedback by Disney I’m going to suggest 50% to online guests and 50% to offsite guests. Now that’s fair in my book.
I agree it would be fairer but wont happen and not even sure how they could do this without having a separate onsite/offsite fastpass system

as someone has said lifes not fair & your whole holiday isnt going to be ruined if you have to Q for a few hours/get up early to ride a couple of rides you cant get FP for...
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

If the FP+ system allowed everyone to ride their choice once per trip on an FP+ then there would be more general availability.

Booking Slinky every day for a week is a great perk, but perhaps if you could book it for one day of your choice on the trip, more would get a chance at FP+.

Can see it being a future change.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Totally agree with the op. They have paid the same price to get into the parks as people who stay onsite.
Some fast passes should be saved for the 30 day window I don’t see the problem. Staying onsite already gets you the benefit of early park entry and in some cases free dining. I hate the way people on this site get all protective and selfish when they are staying onsite. Some feel they are above everyone else and should be entitled to everything and sod the rest
They have not paid the same amount to the Disney empire though. I have just handed over several thousand pounds to Disney, an offsite guest a few hundred.

I expect and knew I was going to get something for that premium, I wasn't paying it for the room because it isn't justified for a room. I paid it for the onsite benefits. It isn't being protective and it isn't about being "above people", it is about getting the services and privileges commensurate with what you paid for, as with anything else in life.

The concept of "saving fast passes" does not make any sense. It would only work as you wish it too if onsite guests were blocked from booking certain fast passes. No hotel in the world has ever penalised their guests for the benefit of others not staying there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
BUt again, flip it round. You’ve just spent thousands to stay at the Grand floridian. You happily log in to book Fastpasses at 60 days out, but are told you can’t because they are saving them for people who aren’t staying in Disney. Something tells me you’d moan even more about that.

Itd be like trying to spend Nectar points at Sainsbury’s that you’ve been saving up from months of shopping there, only to be told “sorry sir, you can’t spend those here. We’ve got to save some points for Tesco customers” There is no way you’d expect that to happen, and this is the same. It’s a loyalty perk...those that are loyal to the company get the benefits. That’s how business works.

It’s not being selfish...you pay more, you expect to get more. Yes, you are entitled. You wouldn’t pay for an economy plane seat and expect to sit in first class because “it’s not fair”.

It is neither logical nor possible to save a set amount of Fastpasses for different guests at different times.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**

Edited at 04:18 PM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snail999 View Post
We fly out on September 15th for two weeks, staying off site in a villa. We have just looked online for fast passes, and for all of the two weeks we are there, the fast passes for Slinky Dog and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train have all been taken!
How is that fair? They have all been taken by people staying at Disney hotels as they can be booked up to 60 days in advance, where as us mere pheasants can only book 30 days in advance, which is extremely unfair. Some fast passes should be held back.
I preferred the old way, when you could only get a fast pass when you got to the park.
Here are my thoughts as a neutral .
We are in our 60’s and travel with my daughters family , six of us , when we first went in 2009 my two grandsons were six and four , we stayed offsite in a villa as it suited us , it was fast passes with the machines , that worked really well for us as it was a quiet time back then and due to their ages we were able to go for a week of our two week stay when the kids should have been in school ( there was no problem taking them out of school back then ) we stopped doing Disney parks after 2013 the parks had become so busy and there was no longer a “ quiet “ time to go . the boys were getting older and with schooling the preferred time to go was August school holidays ,they weren’t too bothered about the Disney parks, we just did Universal and stayed in their premium hotels to get FOLP . i did Disney with my sons family in 2014 and it was a nightmare , we managed to get fast passes at the 30 day point but it was a chore , once there , there were never any spare fast passes for the favoured rides after we had used ours, my daughter in law was constantly on her phone and approaching the CM’s with the iPads trying to get some to no avail . It was queue up for hours or just don’t bother with the rides . I believe it has improved now as we went when the fast pass booking was new so blamed it on teething problems .
The way I see it is that staying onsite is not everyone’s choice , we enjoyed being in a villa with our own pool and lots of space , that’s because there are six of us , we don’t feel like peasants because we don’t pay out to stay in a Disney hotel , the same way we don’t feel like cattle class because we don’t fly UC , it’s personal choice , I don’t want to part with that much money for the sake of sixteen hours of comfort , if I had an endless pot of money I would . If I had an endless pot of money I wouldn’t choose a Disney hotel either , I enjoy our villa holidays and look at Disney as a huge money making business , if you are paying their prices to stay onsite I think you deserve the perks of obtaining fast passes easier , look at Universal , you get FOLP if you stay in their premium hotels , it’s no different , it simply choice .
We have just returned from another wonderful holiday in Florida , no parks at all , my daughters family did Busch Gardens one day but apart from that we just enjoyed family time staying in a villa on the Solterra Resort , we had our own villa pool and the benefit of a resort with Lazy River and pool with slide and snack bar . If you go to Florida without doing parks it makes for a very reasonable priced holiday .
If you go to Florida to do the parks then you are going to face the huge money making business of Disney and Universal , they are never going to give off-site guests the same privilege as onsite guests , it’s a case of pay up or shut up , guests are going to pour into their stores/ snack bars/ and spend spend spend when they are not on the rides , it works for them . I do wonder if one day they will become a victim of their own success when the day happens that they have to start turning away guests due to capacity , nobody is going to pay out if they are at risk of being turned away at the gate , I can see big changes happening when offsite guests will have to specify the dates they are entering the parks , it’s become that way with the fast passes but time will tell if it’s going to be entry on a specific date only .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kipperphill
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

How about fast passes being limited to one per ride per trip

I don't mind hotel guests getting the additional perk, but it does grate on me that some hotel guests get to do slinky dog or fop 3 times on a two week trip.
kipperphill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread