Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Apr 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile DVC email

For those asking about loss of points and dues DVC have just sent an email.

Points, for those with cancelled vacations, points will be extended for 6/12 months depending on years they came from. Borrowing for future vacations will be limited to 50% of your points.

Dues, no firm decision but if there is a surplus a credit will be issued.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
madondisney
Serious Dibber

Well that's 2021 out the window then. We were planning to borrow 2022 to have enough points to take friends with us. Roll on 2022...
madondisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by madondisney View Post
Well that's 2021 out the window then. We were planning to borrow 2022 to have enough points to take friends with us. Roll on 2022...
And for us. We were going to borrow to share a 2 bedroom villa. We can't afford any alternatives with the current outlook so that's the nail on the coffin for that one.

So disappointing as the prospect of at least something to look forward to was keeping me going.

Maybe they will revise this towards the end of the year? Or do they mean a year from today...
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Well I couldn't understand the email though I did get the bit about borrowing.
Maybe I'll attempt it again tomorrow!
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Basically they are allowing some expired points to be banked.
To retain enough inventory for those points to be actually used, they are only allowing anyone to borrow 50% of their points from a future year instead of the usual 100%
Seems a fair compromise to me, although it will affect some who intended to go next year using next year’s points and borrowing the year’s after points too.
I anticipate though this will be quite a small number- more are likely to have a lot more points anyway, from banking this year’s.
Old 24 Apr 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
And for us. We were going to borrow to share a 2 bedroom villa. We can't afford any alternatives with the current outlook so that's the nail on the coffin for that one.

So disappointing as the prospect of at least something to look forward to was keeping me going.

Maybe they will revise this towards the end of the year? Or do they mean a year from today...
I’m confused as well was planning a 2021 trip booking a 2 bedroom Lock off
Have banked 2020 points was going to use 2021 & borrow from 2022
Have a February use year but if allowed to only use 50% of 2022 will be 39 points short
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

We were going to use what's left of 2020 points and borrow from 2021 for a 2 bed. If 'the coming year' means until the end of this calendar year, or even now until April 21, we won't be able to borrow the points.

Only exception would be if/when October trip is cancelled and they allow this to be banked and rolled into my 2020 use year.

My brain is too frazzled to stress about these things anymore 😞
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I'm really pleased at this decision. I think I need to talk to DVC to get them to do swapping of points around but looks like I can use the points that I was going to use for my vacation which started tomorrow for November instead. That also means that the points I borrowed for that from next year can go back and I can go back again at my normal time next year (I think).
DVC are coming out of this with a much better reputation that VA for me.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I think this seems quite fair, I appreciate those with plans to borrow greater than 50% for next year will be disappointed. I feel it is especially fair for those who lost trips completely during the closure and would have lost the points too.
I am thankful we bought a stripped contract now though! I feel availability for studios up to two beds will be crazy as people book bigger accommodations, rather than lose their points.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post

I take it that they will keep revisiting the issue and rescind the 50% borrow rule when they feel inventory can cope.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List