Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Apr 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Cancelled October

Today I took the tough decision to cancel our first ‘family’ trip (when I say family I mean myself, daughter, my bf and his son).

Our flights were booked directly with VA back in January so we stand to lose them IF we are flying internationally by then, but there’s no way I’d be booking a trip today for October, so it seems sensible.

On the up side my 2020 points balance looks very healthy, in-fact it made me smile - a lot

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jhawkes
Getting to know the DIBB

Same decision here Helen. I feel a hundred times better now I'm not worrying about losing points or feeling forced to go when it might be less than ideal even by then.

Fingers crossed we both get trips sorted.
Old 30 Apr 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Sorry to hear this Helen but I think you have made the right decision. xx
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
On the up side my 2020 points balance looks very healthy, in-fact it made me smile - a lot
Always a positive. I love it!

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 1 May 20, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Sorry you have had to do that but I think you are not alone.
We had to cancel May and look like having to cancel our group booking for 12 in August.
We got a fantastic price but our friends have saved for five years for this and the trip is not likely to be the same, we also look like having insurance issues for some, including my husband. I don’t like that we have to consider moving it but I don’t think things will be particularly safe or back to normal in any way for international travellers. We are lucky to go often but for them it is a special trip.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m wondering when to press go on cancelling our July DVC. Will have to be next month at the latest. Have Xmas booked too but 50/50 at best that will go ahead. Xmas 2021 more realistic.
Old 1 May 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We cancelled our July trip 2 weeks ago, felt relieved and sad at the same time

You have done the right thing

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

We are travelling in October and I'm refusing to cancel unless they tell us its cancelled things can have massively changed by then
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think I spoke to you on MKingdons Facebook page at the weekend 😂. You’ve decided to cancel! Glad you have made a decision. We are still in two minds for October . I honestly hope for us that the flights are cancelled. if they aren’t, we may forget universal and have a villa holiday. I def think it’s worth holding off till the parks are more normal, whenever that may be. Enjoy your planning for when you get there, you’ll enjoy it all the more x

QUOTE=Helenr;14431365]Today I took the tough decision to cancel our first ‘family’ trip (when I say family I mean myself, daughter, my bf and his son).

Our flights were booked directly with VA back in January so we stand to lose them IF we are flying internationally by then, but there’s no way I’d be booking a trip today for October, so it seems sensible.

On the up side my 2020 points balance looks very healthy, in-fact it made me smile - a lot[/QUOTE]
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
I think I spoke to you on MKingdons Facebook page at the weekend 😂. You’ve decided to cancel! Glad you have made a decision. We are still in two minds for October . I honestly hope for us that the flights are cancelled. if they aren’t, we may forget universal and have a villa holiday. I def think it’s worth holding off till the parks are more normal, whenever that may be. Enjoy your planning for when you get there, you’ll enjoy it all the more x

QUOTE=Helenr;14431365]Today I took the tough decision to cancel our first ‘family’ trip (when I say family I mean myself, daughter, my bf and his son).

[/QUOTE]

Very possibly, I still stand to lose the flights, but I just don’t feel the experience would be the same.

I just still can’t get my head round how much the works have changed in just a short space if time.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List