Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Aug 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

GF & Poly Lake Views @ 7 months?

Anyone any experience please?

We easily got The Poly standard view studio at 7 months for this March, is lake view that much harder? What about GF?

Also what are the firework views like from these rooms? Is there any view from the ground floor or is it essential to be on the upper floors?

Keeping myself sane on my day off with some extensive points mathematics and late '21 through to late '22 trip planning!

Thank you

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d avoid the Poly lake for 2 reasons:

1. The noise, too many reports of loud whistles for long hours from the ferries.
2. Some of the lake views are garbage with views of the backside of the bungalows if on a low floor. If you get one of them it’s wasted points in my view.

I’m looking now at a standard view now myself for Easter. I haven’t studied the lake view availability- have you looked at Skier Pete’s charts?
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I have, doesn't look hopeful at 7 months, we may get some time but I think 14 consecutive nights are unlikely, LV has more chance than SV, but October has become such a popular time to go, I don't know if I'm that hopeful, but good to know people's experiences.

We really loved our Poly SV room in March and the resort, having a firework / MK view would have been the icing on the cake.

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I have, doesn't look hopeful at 7 months, we may get some time but I think 14 consecutive nights are unlikely, LV has more chance than SV, but October has become such a popular time to go, I don't know if I'm that hopeful, but good to know people's experiences.

We really loved our Poly SV room in March and the resort, having a firework / MK view would have been the icing on the cake.

If you manage to get 7 consecutive nights then you've effectively locked in the room and can book the remaining 7 nights either by adding a day at a time or adding every few days.

As for LV, I loved our room which was on the 2nd floor and had great views of the fireworks. I didn't find the sound of the ferries a problem at all, it was hardly noticeable unless you had the door open and when you did it just added to the ambiance of the resort.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
If you manage to get 7 consecutive nights then you've effectively locked in the room and can book the remaining 7 nights either by adding a day at a time or adding every few days.

As for LV, I loved our room which was on the 2nd floor and had great views of the fireworks. I didn't find the sound of the ferries a problem at all, it was hardly noticeable unless you had the door open and when you did it just added to the ambiance of the resort.
Good to hear a different perspective to the complaints I’d read about the noise. I’d hate to spend the points though and be put in one with the bungalows blocking the view wouldn’t you?

Someone else told me the walls are very thin. Did either of you notice this problem? I am a very light sleeper.

Edited at 11:40 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post

Thanks Jakki

We loved it so much in March, that LV would just make it perfect, not concerned about the odd ferry noise, can’t imagine it’s be significantly worse than the SV we had which was close anyway.

Fingers crossed demand doesn’t go too crazy next year.

Edited at 11:43 AM.
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Good to hear a different perspective to the complaints I’d read about the noise. I’d hate to spend the points though and be put in one with the bungalows blocking the view wouldn’t you?

Someone else told me the walls are very thin. Did either of you notice this problem? I am a very light sleeper.
I always reserve judgement until I've actually stayed at a resort, too many "experts" out there so I make up my own mind.

I've never noticed any excess noise, perhaps if you had very noisy neighbours in the next room then that might be a problem but that goes for any resort.

Edited at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

No, but then again I slept through the ‘87 hurricane & regular fire alarm tests at uni. Wasn’t bothered at all by neighbours noise.

Old 18 Aug 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We were in a SV but didn’t notice walls being better or worse than other DVC units particularly. This was Xmas so would have been full and I’m sure we had neighbours on both sides but didn’t get disturbed. That said sometimes they are so blooming noisy the best walls in the world doesn’t keep the noise out 😤
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Jakki and Jo beat me to it 😂