Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were always planning on skipping the parks next year and seeing some of the "real" Florida, hopefully that should still be possible. Even if we end up sitting by the pool at the villa for 2 weeks I still want to go!
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
We were always planning on skipping the parks next year and seeing some of the "real" Florida, hopefully that should still be possible. Even if we end up sitting by the pool at the villa for 2 weeks I still want to go!
There is an awful lot of ‘Real Florida’ that many very regular visitors are oblivious to. Over the years, ‘Real Florida’ has steadily displaced theme parks on our vacations until it now is well over 50% of the whole.

I feel sure that you will have an incredible time, whether the parks are fully returned to normal, partially .. or not open at all. There are quite literally dozens of alternatives.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Kat

Here's my plan for the next visit to the villa at Highgate Park. You may be bored as it's the same as the last 13 trips to the same villa since 2011.

First evening - Publix at Berry Town Center to stock up with provisions and their fried chicken for dinner

Day 1 - In the spa for coffee, shower, out for breakfast, sunbathe and swim, light lunch under lanai, bit of shopping, sunbathe and swim, shower, out for dinner, bit of TV and bed.

Days 2-28 inclusive. As Day 1

Sprinkle in a couple of trips to DS and a day in AMI.

Mick
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
We haven't been to a theme park since 2010 and my post above is our plan for April - everything crossed.

The WDW 47 square miles is fantastic but we always explore the other 65,700 square miles that Florida offers.

Mick
Old 24 Nov 20, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We’ve now rebooked, indirect via Dublin mid August, Ł400 each will do nicely. Especially as I think we’re now in for a steady price rise as vaccination confidence kicks in and people start to feel safe again.
Old 24 Nov 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We have booked 7-31st July as they were the only dates left that I could get 6 x Clubworld Avios flights direct into MCO. I’ll still join you all in here though.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
We’ve now rebooked, indirect via Dublin mid August, Ł400 each will do nicely. Especially as I think we’re now in for a steady price rise as vaccination confidence kicks in and people start to feel safe again.
Could I ask what dates and airport please
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
Could I ask what dates and airport please
It was found via a search engine, but booked direct with Aer Lingus
18th Aug MAN-DUB-MCO
1st Sep MCO-DUB-MAN

The drawback is a 9hr layover in Dublin on the way back...I've still got to sort out a day room in Dublin if anyone has suggestions.
Old 27 Nov 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had a cruise out of Miami booked pre any corona. Then we risked flights and hotels (even bagged upper flights) but did that through our travel councellor for peace of mind. (She had our Maldives refund within days)

I've been so positive this last week I have booked Airport parking and hotel and the last gap hotel we needed in the Keys.

No parks, but a cruise, a couple of days in Miami, a couple in the keys and 5 extra in Orlando.

We will be willing to wear masks, have a vaccine and comply with any rules just to get away.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Splatt
Gone all Goofy

For those booking now what you doing about insurance. Pretty much all exclude Covid related incidents and can’t see that changing in time for summer trips.
Splatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Insurance wise I'm just hoping that by August the risk will have diminished, if it hasn't we will postpone our trip. We've made sure everything can be moved if needed.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List