Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Oct 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
AP100
Getting Excited

Mobile Airport lounge MCO

Hi

Any one have a recommendation on a lounge at MCO. We are flying with Virgin so need to be in the correct terminal.

And where I can book it too and costs? For adults and a child.

Thanks
AP100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

We have used The Club in Orlando, it is where Virgins terminal is. Got there early after checking our bags in and spent all afternoon. We enjoyed the food and drink and I was able to use the shower to freshen up before we flew home. Just to add it is $40 each, can't see a price for a child so maybe the same? We did prebook it by ringing a few days before too.

Edited at 01:15 PM. Reason: Adding things.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

I raised a thread about this the other month
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1101601

After taking the advice off fellow Dibber's and reviews from Trip Advisor have decided to leave it.

Hope this helps
Old 26 Oct 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Ive been looking at this option and still can't decide if its worth it or not. It seems very basic from the reviews so I may not bother. Does anyone know how early you can go through security as just thinking if you had a full 3 hours in the lounge then it might be more worth it.

Also I found it for around £25 the other day through holiday extras so worth shopping around in advance to get the best deal.
Old 26 Oct 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

We’ve used the club at mco several times, yes it’s very basic and this year the place was filthy and was very very busy , I would certainly never pay to go in there but if you get it free like we did then it’s better than nothing I guess
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

The Club at MCO lounge has gone downhill a lot we've found. Last time it was so busy we could barely move. I definitely wouldn't pay for it, even for a freebie it isn't always great.
Old 27 Oct 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

The problem with Airside 4 at MCO (where all the transatlantic flights go from) is that there are only two lounges - the Delta Sky Club & the Club MCO. It used to be worse - when only the Delta Sky Club was there.

All the airlines with First Class / Business Class / suitable frequent flyer status passengers only have two choices where to send these passengers for their "lounge experience". If you're on Virgin or Delta, you go to the Sky Club. Pretty much any other airline and you go to the Club MCO. At the late afternoon peak, both lounges get very busy - especially the Delta Sky Club.

I normally fly in Upper Class and often forego my Sky Club lounge invite for a $30 food voucher to use airside. A decent steak [cooked fresh to order] and a beer / cocktail in Outback beats any food offering on the plane & it means I can flip the seat into bed mode while others onboard are still having dinner for an extra hours sleep of sorts.

I personally would not bother with paying for lounge access at MCO. You're only going to get a marginally quieter experience than at the boarding gate, with no guarantee of seating either. OK, you'll get "free" drinks, but note my previous comment about foregoing my lounge access in favour of Outback.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
The Club at MCO lounge has gone downhill a lot we've found. Last time it was so busy we could barely move. I definitely wouldn't pay for it, even for a freebie it isn't always great.
Agreed. Both The Club at MCO and Delta Sky Club are poor but better than sitting at the gate. Not worth paying for - you'll be disappointed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List