Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Aug 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
snail999
Trying for More Ears

snail999's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fast passes all taken

We fly out on September 15th for two weeks, staying off site in a villa. We have just looked online for fast passes, and for all of the two weeks we are there, the fast passes for Slinky Dog and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train have all been taken!
How is that fair? They have all been taken by people staying at Disney hotels as they can be booked up to 60 days in advance, where as us mere pheasants can only book 30 days in advance, which is extremely unfair. Some fast passes should be held back.
I preferred the old way, when you could only get a fast pass when you got to the park.
snail999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Those 2 rides are always taken just like FOP
Try rope drop
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

How is it not fair?

Should those who have spent a lot of money to stay onsite (to Disney) not be given priority?
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Im also offsite in October and dreading booking fast passes as so worried we wont get anything.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Some dates from 15th September are showing SDMT available mornings 2 people only
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
snail999
Trying for More Ears

snail999's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
How is it not fair?

Should those who have spent a lot of money to stay onsite (to Disney) not be given priority?

some places should be left open. Those on site already have an extra 30 days early to book the fast passes.

Edited at 02:57 PM.
snail999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

dont panic

we got FP+s whilst in the parks for all these having only booked a few FP before we went

on one day in MK we rode 8 rides with FP (using 3 up then using tap & go to ride the next available ride)

in 7n at disney only joined standby once and that was 35mins for alien saucers.

trick is to get on the app as soon as you are in the park and select the next available ride then modify it, check my hour rather than morning afternoon evening , and rather than keep looking for new availability, also you will need to keep refreshing and after a few times availability usually became available, also helps if your group is small, we booked our group of 4 into 2+2 and sometimes additional availability popped up.
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Don’t have a go at the on-site people, it’s Disney’s choice to make this a perk & it works, I’m offsite with EMH’s every day just gonna have to roll with it at least I’ll be in my HAPPY PLACE,
If BA don’t strike

Edited at 02:55 PM.
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Enough now with the peasants and rich b... this is a Disney holiday you’re talking about!
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

I don’t see how it’s unfair, disappointing, yes, but not unfair. If you stay onsite you pay extra for certain benefits, for example free parking, access to transport, 60 day fast passes. We rarely stay onsite now and certainly don’t feel it’s unfair that things are unavailable, it is what it is, we just get there early and queue. On rope drop last week it only took 30 minutes for us to get on to slinky.
Another point is that even at 60 days not all fast passes are available. This year we had a short stay for my sons 18th. We were unable to get slinky and seven dwarves at 60 days. I didn’t feel it unfair, we just accepted that if we wanted to ride them we would need to plan.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread