Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Rather a week early than a day too late.
The toughest decision to make but when our lovely cat started wetting his bed we knew we had to let him go with dignity.
It takes the greatest love to release loved ones from suffering. xxx
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So sorry,

For me the right time is the minute you are keeping them alive for yourself rather than for the dog.

There comes a time when all the unconditional love a dog brings has to be repaid, it’s your time to say thanks.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My 13 year old dog has started pooing in his bed too but strangely never wee’s. He has arthritis so only has short walks but is still happy to go, still loves his fuss and his treats and still wagging his tail all the time and eating well so I am just dealing with the accidents for now (it isn’t every day, maybe once or twice a week). I am aware though that we are on limited time now though and the moment I feel he isn’t happy anymore I will make that decision and do the kindest thing I can for him.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I know how hard this is for you. We had the same decision to make. I think you know its time. Thinking of you all and hope you make the right choice for him x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

My 13 yr 3 mth lab was put to sleep 4 weeks ago. It’s was v sad. She had been my best friend through the grief of losing my parents and a divorce. Was by my side throughout it all.
I always said I’d never see her suffer, she meant so much to me, I felt I owed her that much.
Sadly I think I waited a week longer than I should, but when she went to sleep, she look at peace. I knew I’d done the right thing for her.
My vet helped me make the decision, but o know they are all different.
Trust your instincts!
Good luck xxxx

Edited at 09:43 PM.
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

If he was mine I would give him a few more weeks,if he is not in pain,if its only a blip because he is unwell the pooing should get better,if it carries on at the same level or worse its probably time to let him go also if he is on a downward slope nature may have taken in course in that time and he may have died naturally in his sleep.
The hard part will be not showing your annoyance when he poos because that would be stressful for him,but by waiting a few week you have given him a fair chance to get better if the pooing is because of illness,but you can then let him go knowing you gave him every chance and because it was best for him, not the easy option for you
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Better to remember him as his strong self - take care
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have every sympathy for you and have been in the same unenviable position. If you Google Quality of Life Scale for Dogs, this will give you a rough indication of what his quality of life is. It’s not definitive, but a good starting point.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Also... my vet recommended Selgian for doggy dementia and I also gave my dog CBD oil (With my vets agreement) and these both seemed to help.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Awww these posts break my heart, but sounds like his quality of life isn’t great, but the question is do the bets thing the poop issue is a short term thing - like some kind of ilness, or is it a loss of faculties?
If he’s not enjoying himself anymore, walking wagging, getting fuss, and his incontinence is making him stressed, it might be time, but only you and your family know your dog and know the what decision is right
We are all hear for you though when you have decided.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List