Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Nov 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile CSR or CBR

I changed my booking a couple of weeks ago taking advantage of the new offer for a good deal at CSR but now that standard rooms at CBR have become available it’s only £20 more than CSR with the obvious advantage of the skyliner so people who have stayed at CBR tell me all about it please !😀
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have stayed at both, albeit CBR was on our first trip a very long time ago. Both resorts are quite big and your location within the resort could affect your experience. CBR when we stayed there was very colourful, and you could walk along the beach to the food court etc. CSR is similar with a walk around the lake.

I prefer the rooms at CSR which have a nice feel to them and felt quite big but the skyliner would probably sway it for me.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I have stayed at both, albeit CBR was on our first trip a very long time ago. Both resorts are quite big and your location within the resort could affect your experience. CBR when we stayed there was very colourful, and you could walk along the beach to the food court etc. CSR is similar with a walk around the lake.

I prefer the rooms at CSR which have a nice feel to them and felt quite big but the skyliner would probably sway it for me.
Thanks bev that’s what I’m thinking with the skyliner
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

This might be useful:

disneytouristblog/ca...el-comparison/
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I stayed at both but this option was from 2011 CSR and 2016 CBR.
They both have they advantages and disadvantages.

CSR
Advantages
I loved this resort. The main building had everything from Restaurants, Check in and shops.
The Quick Service restaurant here was my Favourite restaurant of all the Moderate Resorts and they have there own area to refill your resort mugs which I like.
The pool is well themed and I went in there quite a bit while the misses enjoyed her time in the gym.
The Bus stop was only a few mins away from our room.

Disadvantages
As our room was at the back of the resort it was a long walk with our cases after checking in. Also every morning walking to the restaurant to refill our mugs and grabbing breakfast and at the end of the day getting hot chocolate before bed. Think it was a good 20-30 min walk.
As it’s by the AK Park it didn’t take long to get here but took ages to get to the other 3 and DS.

CBR
Advantages
Well now you got the skyline but in Peak period could be quicker just getting a bus than waiting for the sky line.
Internal bus so it’s easier to get round the resort.
Epcot and DHS is close by so bus or skyline wouldn’t take long and MK just 1 long road away and DS a short Bus journey away.
It’s a short walk to the main area.

Disadvantages
Now I know it’s all changed since my last visit but we didn’t enjoy the food on offer in the food court so really just used it for the Grab and go for breakfast Bagels, Cereal and Fruit and refilled our mugs.
The shop there was rubbish and poor selection of goods and food.
They needed more bus stops or more buses as to get a seat and the pram on we really needed to walk to the 1st or 2nd stop on route as by the time it got to Barbados area they were full/nearly full so mostly got it from Martinique area.

Edited at 12:53 PM.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
I stayed at both but this option was from 2011 CSR and 2016 CBR.
They both have they advantages and disadvantages.

CSR
Advantages
I loved this resort. The main building had everything from Restaurants, Check in and shops.
The Quick Service restaurant here was my Favourite restaurant of all the Moderate Resorts and they have there own area to refill your resort mugs which I like.
The pool is well themed and I went in there quite a bit while the misses enjoyed her time in the gym.
The Bus stop was only a few mins away from our room.

Disadvantages
As our room was at the back of the resort it was a long walk with our cases after checking in. Also every morning walking to the restaurant to refill our mugs and grabbing breakfast and at the end of the day getting hot chocolate before bed. Think it was a good 20-30 min walk.
As it’s by the AK Park it didn’t take long to get here but took ages to get to the other 3 and DS.

CBR
Advantages
Well now you got the skyline but in Peak period could be quicker just getting a bus than waiting for the sky line.
Internal bus so it’s easier to get round the resort.
Epcot and DHS is close by so bus or skyline wouldn’t take long and MK just 1 long road away and DS a short Bus journey away.
It’s a short walk to the main area.

Disadvantages
Now I know it’s all changed since my last visit but we didn’t enjoy the food on offer in the food court so really just used it for the Grab and go for breakfast Bagels, Cereal and Fruit and refilled our mugs.
The shop there was rubbish and poor selection of goods and food.
They needed more bus stops or more buses as to get a seat and the pram on we really needed to walk to the 1st or 2nd stop on route as by the time it got to Barbados area they were full/nearly full so mostly got it from Martinique area.
Thanks for the info I wish I hadn’t looked now 😂...I do like the look of CBR though since it’s had the refurb
Old 5 Nov 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve stayed at both and although I do love the theming at CBR the Skyliner kind of puts me off a bit. The rooms are better at CSR and I think the dining options are too.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

CSR - Advantage

The Gran Destino Tower ground floor lounge coupled with the view from the lounge at the top is just amazing

CBR - Disadvantage

Now its on the Skyliner, the increased pressure from non resident visitors makes it ultra busy.

Disney332
Old 5 Nov 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I stayed at CBR last year for four nights, I have never stayed at CSR although I had it booked for December 2020 which is of course not going ahead now.

I thought CBR was just ok. It was too sprawled out for me though, the main amenities were so far away from my room that they were more or less unusable. This could be the same at CSR although I thought I read the bridges helped with this.

I didn’t think CBR was themed particularly well, it didn’t resemble a Caribbean Beach resort to me anyway and the outside of the buildings looked a bit tired to me. The room was fine, even though we had a non refurbished pirate room (I had booked a standard room) and I thought the food outlets were good. The September 2019 dining report linked in my signature covers a few of my meals in resort, other dibbers commented that food was not good in the past, but I wonder if this was improved following the resort refurbishment.

We were there slightly before the Skyliner opened. I have been in two minds over staying in a Skyliner resort (I am scared of heights and worry about lack of alternatives) but we have decided to give it a go and stay in a Skyliner resort next year. I think that many would find this a plus point.

I don’t think we will stay in CBR again. I would consider it if there was nothing else suitable as I thought it was ok but DH was underwhelmed. We would definitely give CSR a go though, we would consider it a step up from CBR in terms of amenities and also as an all adult party I think it would better suit us than CBR.

Edited at 01:58 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Just to follow on / update themeparkandy's review as we went to CSR in 2019 and so can comment on a few areas that were previously negatives but now are not.

Walk to main areas - they now have several new bridges over the lake connecting the different resort areas to the central tower and lobby area. This drastically reduces the walking time and it's also really a nice walk over the water.

Buses - there are 4 bus stops in the resort - so wherever you stay, you are close to a stop.

Location - if you look on a map it's actually fairly central between all the parks. No longer than 15 mins to get to the parks. Disney springs was a bit longer I think.

We stayed in 2019, not long after the tower opened. The whole resort has been refurbished and the rooms are stunning. The new bar on the lake looked amazing and so does the new restaurant at the top of the tower, sadly we ran out of time to do both whilst we were there.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List