Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Nov 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Margaritaville resort

Anyone stayed or booked to go here? We are goi g to cancel our onsite stay at YC as without the free dining plan and other perks usually included, we don’t feel the cost is justified

Margaritaville looks lovely, and we’ve been quoted for a 2 bed cottage which would save us around £1000 on the YC so keen to go for it, but just wondered if anyone had any reviews of this place?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Not the actual place but I love that location and there are lots of things within walking distance. Its vey close to Rolling Oaks for shops and restaurants.

I actually say walking distance but I dunno how bit the resort is. I have just been in the wee centre at the start for the car show and we had food at Fords Garage so I assume that as the resort sits behind it may not be too far. It looked really nice when being built!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I live very close to the resort so haven't stayed there but would would personally prefer it to YC if you don't have free dining even without the savings. You will have much more space both in your unit and around the resort. A big plus for me would be the huge choice of better priced restaurants that don't need ADRs.
Old 12 Nov 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Great location and the place does look very nice. It's a huge place too (on the site of the former China world place off the 192) - I'd definitely stay there if the price was right though haven't stayed (yet).

Only downside from driving past is that I wouldn't fancy standing at the top of the water slide tower in my trunks whilst everyone is at the lights on the 192 next to you ;0)
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

We visited in January. We parked at the hotel, had a look around, the lobby is lovely. We then walked across to Sunset Walk. If you stay there it would be great to hear your thoughts.
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
Great location and the place does look very nice. It's a huge place too (on the site of the former China world place off the 192) - I'd definitely stay there if the price was right though haven't stayed (yet).

Only downside from driving past is that I wouldn't fancy standing at the top of the water slide tower in my trunks whilst everyone is at the lights on the 192 next to you ;0)
I have stopped at those lights many times and honestly can barely see individual people. The Island H2O waterpark isn't actually part of the hotel. The hotel has a seperate, very quiet and private pool and lagoon area.
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

We are debating this resort too for Nov 2022! With free dining not likely to be available at that time of year anyway even if the offer did come back, we planned to stay at a value and buy the dining plan. Now we are wondering whether to stay here and eat at more offsite places and get Uber to the parks as it's only around $10 each way

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have driven past and it’s nice.

Would I prefer it to staying on Crescent Lake and being able to walk into parks? Definitely not.
Old 19 Jan 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I have driven past and it’s nice.

Would I prefer it to staying on Crescent Lake and being able to walk into parks? Definitely not.
We made the switch in the end. Much as I love BC/YC- staying onsite this year ( if that will even be a thing for us Brits) just doesn’t offer anything like the incentives we were expecting when we moved our booking from last year

Looking forward ( hopefully) to a different kind off offsite holiday this year.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
We are debating this resort too for Nov 2022! With free dining not likely to be available at that time of year anyway even if the offer did come back, we planned to stay at a value and buy the dining plan. Now we are wondering whether to stay here and eat at more offsite places and get Uber to the parks as it's only around $10 each way
Yes, and there is Sunset Walk within the resort which has restaurants/ bars etc so somewhere to walk to at night without having to drive/ Uber.
Endless Summer 2023