Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Nov 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We do both - can't beat the location of either.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Yacht Club. We love being able to walk to HS and Epcot and all that they offer. Boardwalk area is also lovely of an evening.
Old 22 Nov 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Depends which parks you think you'll mostly be in, if you've no interest in going into MK and plan to spend most of your time between Epcot and DHS then is staying so close to MK really going to be beneficial?

For us, it'd be the split stay to get the most out of both excellent location as our park days are pretty evenly split.

A split Epcot / MK resort stay is the perfect WDW stay IMO and I'd most likely split it 9/5 as there's more going on around the Epcot resorts.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been having this debate in my household the last few days since the reintroduction of park hopping was mentioned. We initially had Yacht Club booked for December 2021 but a few weeks ago we decided it was not worth paying for the location with the restrictions, so we saved £3k and downgraded to Pop Century.

I am now rethinking at least part of the trip and Yacht Club and Contemporary are the two options. We have stayed at both previously. In our debates, I keep veering towards Contemporary but DH makes a good case for Yacht Club and I think he probably has the stronger case.

The Contemporary has a huge location advantage being walkable to MK and I think that is why I tend towards picking it. But Yacht Club has a more grown up feel to it, it is not as busy and I think it has a different but just as good location advantage as Contemporary. It is walkable to two parks, four resort hotels and many restaurants. As an adult party ourselves, it is a great base for the evenings.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks everyone - we have decided on the Yacht Club.

I like that we can walk to DHS and Epcot and to be honest that is where we will spend most of our time.

We do like a wander and a drink in the evenings so the proximity to Epcot and the Boardwalk just tipped the scale.

We usually stay at the GF so it will be a change for us, should we even get there!
Old 22 Nov 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Contemporary for me... love it there, which is odd as I wasn’t expecting to!
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Having stayed at both... contemporary was THE hotel I always wanted to stay in, and it didn’t disappoint. The walk to magic kingdom was perfection. But the lifts and pool area let it down. Yacht club blew us away. The location to two parks, the quiet pool was a dream and the theming was good. Boardwalk location was fab too. I would stay at both again but yacht club pips it for us!
Old 1 Dec 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I don’t think you can go wrong with either. We did a split stay over Christmas and new year a couple of years ago. Contemporary theme park view for Christmas and Beach Club for new year ( yacht club was full). It was my ultimate bucket list trip.

I’d love to go back to both your 2 choices are my 2 favourites but the Contemporary probably just edges it. Just...
Old 4 Dec 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

If you could have the view we had at the contemporary (high level room overlooking MK) with the location of YC you would have perfection. Unfortunately Carlsberg don’t do Disney hotels so it would be the Yacht club for us purely based on location
Old 8 Dec 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve stayed at contemporary theme park view. I loved it, but my husband, who loves a lie in, doesn’t thanks to Chef Mickeys incessant noisiness from the early hours. We’re staying in yacht club next time!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List