Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
If you cancelled and rebooked, you could have UC out and PE back for the 147k in miles (once the companion voucher went back on to your account), keep one companion voucher still (they said to me I could only use one voucher on a return booking but could be less miles if they let you) and another £500 total in tax.

The downside to all that is that you'd be waiting for the refund of 1.8k in taxes whilst paying out another 2.3k and there's no guarantees that the reward flights you cancel would come back on (unless there are enough reward flights on that date anyway).

It's so complicated and everyone I speak to says something different!

But upper is lush... Good luck!
I don’t think it’s going to be an option to do it this way. My return date has no availability so if I cancelled and rebooked then i could be left with nothing. Thank you for explaining how it worked for you though. Even doing it the way I’ve been told and paying £2.8k is only £700 per person (would still prefer it cheaper!)
Old 28 Nov 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

We used 2 companion vouchers on our booking for 4 MAN-LAX-LHR no problem - also school hols UC return is currently 309k points, but only 230k with the vouchers +£2590 in taxes. booked the BA shuttle back to manchester in the ba sale too, 20% discount.
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by florida_noob View Post
We used 2 companion vouchers on our booking for 4 MAN-LAX-LHR no problem - also school hols UC return is currently 309k points, but only 230k with the vouchers +£2590 in taxes. booked the BA shuttle back to manchester in the ba sale too, 20% discount.
I'm definitely going to check that again then when the companion vouchers come back on my account then .

If I can reduce the 179k miles (UC-PE) twice over with 2 companion vouchers I shall be a very happy bunny
Old 28 Nov 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I’m going out UC and coming back PE in August. Family of 4. It’s only costing 179k miles (will be 32k less once my companion voucher goes back on) and £2,277 in tax. Have you done yours as two single flights?
Rang back today (2.5hrs wait on the phone). Spoke to somebody else and paid an extra 21k points and £96 per person in tax to upgrade the outbound flight. That means total of 151k in points with companion tickets and £2.2k in taxes to go out Upper and back PE so not far off yours in the end. Couldn’t do anything about my return flight as no availability and couldn’t risk losing them. Thanks for your advice on how you’d done yours as it prompted me to try again. With virgin the rules are pot luck of who you get to talk to! Last night the man I was talking to said I could use upgrade and companion together, today the lady said not! Still got it cheaper today so I’m happy!.
Old 28 Nov 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Rang back today (2.5hrs wait on the phone). Spoke to somebody else and paid an extra 21k points and £96 per person in tax to upgrade the outbound flight. That means total of 151k in points with companion tickets and £2.2k in taxes to go out Upper and back PE so not far off yours in the end. Couldn’t do anything about my return flight as no availability and couldn’t risk losing them. Thanks for your advice on how you’d done yours as it prompted me to try again. With virgin the rules are pot luck of who you get to talk to! Last night the man I was talking to said I could use upgrade and companion together, today the lady said not! Still got it cheaper today so I’m happy!.
Brilliant news! Oh I'm really happy you got it sorted
Old 28 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Good to hear things are working out for folk.
My missing Miles turned up and I now have UC reward flights to MCO for September. Very happy!
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
Good to hear things are working out for folk.
My missing Miles turned up and I now have UC reward flights to MCO for September. Very happy!
So have we !
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
thecube
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hi folks. Can I ask your opinion please. We had 3 EC tickets for LHR to MCO in Aug 21 which we used 90k Points & taxes to book plus we used a Virgin CC reward Companion voucher for 1 of our tickets. We have decided to change to UC as we’ve never flown UC before & will probably never get the chance to get flights in the Summer Holidays for such a good deal ! . It’s 170k points in total & taxes but was told I would lose my Credit Card reward voucher. I can’t use on my new booking as you can only use it to upgrade to UC from PE & there is no availability in PE. Happy just using miles as it’s a great deal at 50% off but is that right that they can’t give me back the CC reward voucher I used when I booked my EC tickets ? It’s not a big loss & happy getting the UC tickets for 170k miles but if I could have the voucher back then would like it. Thanks all.
thecube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Your voucher should go back in to your account, are you sure they said you can’t use it rather than you will lose it.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
figment
Earning My Ears

Am I reading the Ts and Cs right?

I read it that I can book at 50% off reward flights then essentially bank them by turning them into Open Tickets that I can use at anytime up to December 2022 subject to availability?

I have no intention of flying to US next year but the year after I would.
figment is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List