Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Nov 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We have a sticker on our letterbox which mostly works, but it drives me crackers too x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
As our postie gets paid for the leaflets he delivers I can live with the very slight inconvenience.
I'd much rather be indoors when the weather outside is horrible whereas he doesn't have the option plus this year he has been around most days.
Exactly my view too.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Try

Royal Mail Door to Door opt out

Phone: 03457 740 740

Email

Email: optout@royalmail.com
I emailed them. I got an automated email back with a link to the form you have to print out and post
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Not convinced the post people get paid to deliver the junk mail A quick google shows up that back in 2010 they got a pay rise instead with the understanding that junk mail can be delivered everyday rather than just the 3 days a week it used to be delivered before then. Prior to 2010 they did get paid extra

It "helps to pay their wages" by earning money for the Royal Mail not directly to the post person.

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

We ignore all signs saying "no junk mail" unless you opt out, and in the 6 years in the job no one ever has. BTW junk mail helps keep postage costs down.
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
I emailed them. I got an automated email back with a link to the form you have to print out and post
Anyone would think they were trying to make it hard to opt out
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by victorbertram View Post
I have the same problem, no matter how many times i ask them not to deliver it they do, i save it up snd put in the post box once a week, they can have it back until they do what i say
We have been opted out for several years and rarely get any junk from the Post Office if it is the regular Postie but as soon as he is on holiday then the temporary Postie never checks the list - so we also return it in the local post box.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
I just wish companies would do a bit more due diligence before sending mass mailings. I keep getting ads through for loft conversions, and while I'd love to expand our living area upstairs, I think the bloke in the flat above me might complain! Where's the point in sending stuff like that to high rise blocks?

/Mo
How would they know it's a high rise block?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Not convinced the post people get paid to deliver the junk mail A quick google shows up that back in 2010 they got a pay rise instead with the understanding that junk mail can be delivered everyday rather than just the 3 days a week it used to be delivered before then. Prior to 2010 they did get paid extra

It "helps to pay their wages" by earning money for the Royal Mail not directly to the post person.
The old contracted RM staff get paid to deliver it the ones newer contracts and seasonal staff do not. Without leaflets a first class stamp would be over £2 it is the largest profit making part of the business.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

I've got a lovely postman, he been on this route for six years. I had a word with him about it a few years ago and I haven't had any since.

I give him a nice tip every Christmas ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List