Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Nov 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Put my foot in it!

No real reason to share this other than show others how important it is to double check any messages/emails before you send them.

I had an email from someone where I’d been bcc’d in. Stupidly I hit reply all instead of reply 😱🤦

I didn’t say anything derogatory at all, just raised some concerns that we had kept to ourselves until now. I have unintentionally showed our hand and although all the points are valid we would have waited a while longer to raise them incase they were resolved.

I can’t be the only one, anybody got any stories to make me feel better?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

A woman I used to work with was always sending messages to the wrong people.
She once sent a message which wasn’t very complimentary about our managers son to our manager instead of someone else.
She also used to post things on FB about people thinking she’d sent them to someone on messenger
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I wrote about one son to another saying he was getting on my nerves but sent it to the wrong son. We did laugh tho 😆
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I wrote about one son to another saying he was getting on my nerves but sent it to the wrong son. We did laugh tho 😆
I’ve done that with two of my daughters
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think most people have if they are honest.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

My friend gave her MIL her old phone - thinking all text messages were linked to the sim, but they were still on the phone. Many complained about 'my witch of a MIL'.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
At work we’ve been told never to bcc, precisely for this reason. I send then forward to anyone I’d bcc.
Old 27 Nov 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
At work we’ve been told never to bcc, precisely for this reason. I send then forward to anyone I’d bcc.
Very sensible. I think our solicitor may do this in the future 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
No real reason to share this other than show others how important it is to double check any messages/emails before you send them.

I had an email from someone where I’d been bcc’d in. Stupidly I hit reply all instead of reply 😱🤦

I didn’t say anything derogatory at all, just raised some concerns that we had kept to ourselves until now. I have unintentionally showed our hand and although all the points are valid we would have waited a while longer to raise them incase they were resolved.

I can’t be the only one, anybody got any stories to make me feel better?
I did this just after I retired. It was an email to my line manager, describing a work colleague as ‘sometimes hard to work with’. She was ccd further down the email chain and so she saw it. In my defence, she was, and I’ll freely admit so was I at times.

Sadly she blanked me ever since, never responded to any texts or emails which was sad as we had worked together well for over 20 years.

Still, her loss.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
I sent an email to a Teacher I was dealing with for work. After I sent it I glanced at it again and realised that instead of saying, ‘have a great day’, I wrote ‘have a great lunch’. I quickly emailed back and apologised and said I was thinking about my lunch as I was starving she came straight back and said not to worry, she had recently sent an email to all the parents of the Private School that she worked at, asking if anyone had any spare willies at home that they would like to donate to the Gardening Club

I laughed so hard I cried, she totally won that one!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List