Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Aug 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Help deciding where to stay

Low down 7 of us we dont drive 2 ad 5 kids ages will be 17(has autism) 13,11,9 &2 looking at offsite vs on but can choose
Onsite pro-buses, only doing disney with 2 days off at DC & SW possible ddp if we went that route,
Offsite -bigger rooms so more space and cheaper MUCH cheaper

I just cant decide what's best
Amy1989 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

We prefer staying off site as you get out of the Disney bubble and we visit other places. But i do drive. I think if I didn't drive, I would stay on site
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
David121523
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

If you stay off site and don’t drive you really need to be near international drive so you can get the Disney busses my friend is staying on I drive and he doesn’t drive
David121523 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by David121523 View Post
If you stay off site and don’t drive you really need to be near international drive so you can get the Disney busses my friend is staying on I drive and he doesn’t drive
The Disney buses don’t go along or anywhere near I drive x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you’re not driving I’d be tempted for onsite or partner hotels with transport... could add up and be a hassle getting taxis to and from a villa every day! Disney’s initial price is so expensive but factor in everything else offsite and it’ll soon add up... we found this is defo true if you’re getting free DDP wirh hotel too!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Onsite is more expensive but if not driving you have Disney transport to get around. Staying off-site is cheaper but as there are 7 of you and you are mostly spending your time in Disney you may struggle. Uber's are the easiest way to get to and from Disney however with 7 more difficult as unsure if you would maybe need 2? There is the option of I-Ride Trolley with buses to Ticket & Transportation Center which I did on my last trip however it is very very time consuming and if I was going to go off site again in a hotel I would definitely be using Uber rather than buses. They both have pros and cons but really depends on what is more important.
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

You could get an apartment in vistana villages or Tuscany village.
The trolley buses pass regularly to go up international drive.
VV has a bus to Disney ( at least it used to have one)
Plus the supermarket in across the road from both, also premium outlets.

Vistana resort, you can actually walk to disney spring plus I’m sure they also have a Disney bus you can use.

Edited at 11:15 PM.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank all
Amy1989 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
VikkS
Proud to wear my Ears

I've never used a car but stayed both and offsite - I found offsite the hotel shuttles were either expensive or free but with terrible timing - what I like about being onsite is being able to head back to the room for an afternoon break and then back to a park for the evening. Thats doubling Uber costs and hotel shuttles dont have flexibility. I definitely think onsite is worth the extra money for the freedom of being able to go back and forth.
VikkS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I would opt for onsite, for the bus service alone. Staying off-site without becomes a nightmare when all you want to do is get back to your room, that comes from a person who doesn’t like to drive on holiday. Check out the family rooms at the value resorts or connecting rooms. Good luck with your holiday planning. You may be best trying a trial booking with Disney to get a idea of prices.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List