Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Aug 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Pollita
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hipark & baby cot

I’m booked for hipark hotel in val d’europe for December. I’ve tried contacting them multiple times to find out if, how and when I need to request a baby cot for my stay. A bit concerned that I’m not hearing back from them at all, not off to a good start!

Does anyone have experience on how travel cots are arranged? I.e. request in advance or first come, first served at check in, is there a cost etc (I didn’t assume there would be a cost but their website also says baby packs including cots are additional which threw me, and now I’m wondering if they order them in from an external hire company)
Pollita is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
majikjen
Getting Excited

Mobile

Sorry to jump on this thread but I'm considering Hipark for next year and would need a baby cot, did you get yours sorted in the end?
majikjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Pollita

Mobile

Originally Posted by majikjen View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread but I'm considering Hipark for next year and would need a baby cot, did you get yours sorted in the end?
I didn’t. It was very disappointing as I asked 4 times. Was promised it would be brought up and nothing. We stayed 2 nights, I had to push the bed up against the window (which was freezing) so that my son wouldn’t fall out as he was only 18 months. Neither of us slept properly and as I was on my own I couldn’t even leave him in the bed to shower as they are two singles and separated very easily (he kept slipping between the gap)

It was a huge downside to the accommodation. The hotel was ok, good location and price but I’m not sure I’d stay there again if I had a choice. The carpet was stinking and I didn’t want my son crawling around on it, the sink didn’t drain and the travel cot was the final straw
Old 27 Dec 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
majikjen
Getting Excited

Mobile

Oh no that's really bad, sorry to hear that. That'll definitely make me think twice about that one. Hope you still enjoyed your time at the parks.
majikjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pollita View Post
I didn’t. It was very disappointing as I asked 4 times. Was promised it would be brought up and nothing. We stayed 2 nights, I had to push the bed up against the window (which was freezing) so that my son wouldn’t fall out as he was only 18 months. Neither of us slept properly and as I was on my own I couldn’t even leave him in the bed to shower as they are two singles and separated very easily (he kept slipping between the gap)

It was a huge downside to the accommodation. The hotel was ok, good location and price but I’m not sure I’d stay there again if I had a choice. The carpet was stinking and I didn’t want my son crawling around on it, the sink didn’t drain and the travel cot was the final straw
Hi! Also taking our toddler next year she will be 2 by this point though. Did you ask for a bed guard by any chance? Our plan was to put her on the pull out bed and put the bed guard on there (if they honour us one, they said they would!) was the pull out bed close to the wall so it could be pushed up against it?
Logistics are a nightmare sometimes aren’t they!
Hope you still had a magical time with your little one.
Did you use the bus when you arrived or did you walk? Hoping to use the free shuttle as we’ll have cases. Sorry for all the questions have only just booked this hotel and usually always do onsite So a bit wary!
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pollita

Mobile

For the beds, I didn’t know about bed guards (not listed on the site when I booked) but considering the amount of times I asked for a cot it would have been nice if they’d offered that instead. I went down to reception multiple times and kept asking for the cot and they said it would be brought up and it never was. I gave up asking after the first night

My room only had two twin beds pushed together as a double, no pull out bed. I pushed both beds up against the only wall I could but it was right against a window which was freezing cold, and there’s no carpet under where the beds sat so they were constantly slipping apart and my son was falling between the gap

When I was there at least, the shuttle bus was a coach and they needed me to fold the pram and then carry my son and everything I had stored under the pram up the steps to the seats. Being on my own with my son this wasn’t feasible so I ended up walking back and forth to the hotel myself, pushing a pram and pulling my suitcase behind - not easy. By contrast, last time I stayed in VDE (different hotel) the shuttles were regular walk on buses, not coaches, so we were able to wheel the pram and cases straight on board.