Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Aug 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Kicking yourself for missing a deal

Why oh why can’t I make decisions.

We have already booked to go in June with discounts so my total is £4490 but I booked the wrong date.

Have decided to look for 3 weeks earlier for two reasons. First that we will have more days left on our annual pass (currently would have 10 days left as expires mid June) second is for less days off school.

So I saw a deal for maybe a £173 saving. I don’t need a saving but it’s always nice. Just need to break even. But as we would be going on hubby’s birthday I started wondering about getting a different car. He’s alway wanted a mustang. Luckily I asked on here and a mustang probably a no go but two days have passed and it’s now £300 more than my original holiday. Checking this last week and it’s £650 more than my original holiday.

I am kicking myself thinking I should have just done it but as I can only change the holiday once I waived due to cars and now it’s too much.

So annoyed with myself. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get a better price in a few weeks but maybe not.
Anyone else do this?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Clear your cookies.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Cant say I do this, I find a price and if I'm happy I book. I like refundable/changeable products and am happy to pay more for that.

IMO £300 is not that much on a £4K+ holiday. But that's your choice.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Clear your cookies.
Does this really work or is it an old wives tale.

I have tried bookings on different tablets and PCs that we own and have saved one specifically for the booking and not done any searching with it. The price comes in exactly the same as the one with multiple searches.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Onesteve
Gone all Goofy

Definitely worth doing if you see an increase in price from one search to another.

Last week when the expedia 25% off deal was on I checked the prices one night for 5x Disney tickets and the following morning the entire package was £250 more expensive!

I cleared my cookies and tried again, result! Got the price i was shown the night before.

I reckon they all do it, it's to make you think that if you don't do it now it'll cost you. Plus they get to fleece you for more than they would!
Onesteve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post

I have tried bookings on different tablets and PCs that we own and have saved one specifically for the booking and not done any searching with it. The price comes in exactly the same as the one with multiple searches.
No it doesn't work, I've used the computer at work and my phone exactly the same prices
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Ha, yes i agree with you. Doesn't matter the reason, be it indecision or if i just didnt know about an offer till it had finished. I just don't like paying more than I could have done. It just feels like a waste.

Personally i don't subscribe to the book at a price and never look again idea either. Better for me to learn from anytime I paid more than I needed to.

If you are going and if you know it is a decent price then click that button next time! Particularly if you can do it with a smallish deposit.

Hope the price drops for you again!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post

It used to work more, but web sites are much cleverer now and store everything server site rather than in cooked as it gives them much better information about you and they can keep a history etc.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List